What Do I Need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

timmyt101

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Phoenix AZ
Hi All...

I currently have an 811 & a 301 connected to a Dish 500 with a SW21 (or so it says under System Info). I currently get HD channels ESPN, HDNET, Discovery HD, TNT HD and my local HDs over-the -air.

I want to get the new ViP622 for the DVR capabilities and also be able to received the other available HD channels (ESPN2 HD, HD News, Universal HD, NatGeoHD, etc.).

- so, do I go to Dish Customer Service or a local retailer (I'm in Phoenix)?
- do I need a different switch?
- do I need to change the dish itself and/or the LNB?

Thanks to all for the insight, advice & suggestions.

Tim

if you want all the hd channels dish offers you will need a dish 1000 upgrade. also it depends if you're replacing the 811 or just adding the 622.

I would like to put the 622 where the 811 is, move the 811 to where the 301 is and then disconnect the 301.

Can I get the Dish 1000 upgrade and do it myself or do I have to schedule it? How much does it cost?

It is best to go thru dish direct. You don't pay any mark up and they swap out your equipment for you as you need it. A one time upgrade fee is all you pay. Check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts