What do members want from CEDIA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
Here's a chance for us to give our valued members another service. Ilya and I will be covering the CEDIA show and want to know what YOU want to see, in effect, to have your own editor at the show and find out what's important to you.

So let us know in this thread what products and areas of interest you have. Looking for budget Projector? Or a flat panel for the bedroom? Or do have the $$ for a new 1080p setup with display device and HD-DVD or BR player?

CEDIA is huge, if you want to know how to outfit your theater with custom signs, or looking for home media server solutions just ask, we're at your disposal.

Me? I want an HDMI audio input for my Meridian processor but I think I'll ask Bob for that myself :)

After that, I want solid HDMI switches that actually work cleanly with all sources, the 2nd gen Toshiba HD-DVD player that loads discs faster, and a (usable) Terabyte NAS at the $500 price point.

Cheers,

Info I would like to find out from CEDIA.

Any and all information on the following rear projection tv's including your opinion on picture quality, and how they compare. Do either have HDMI 1.3 or only 1.2?

1) Sony KDS-R70XBR2 (SXRD)

2) JVC HD 70FH97 (HD-ILA)

Thanks in advance,
Ben Music

Last edited:
I'd love to see some info and pix on Control4 . It's a very cool home automation system .

Vantage Point Mounting System

Vantage is going to be showing a hot new product at CEDIA this year. I think you guys are going to love it. Give me your feedback when you see the EVO and what YOU think the best applications will be.

Find out when the second generaton HD DVD player, the Toshiba HD-XA2 is coming out, I want a second player for my basement but will wait a little while to see if the new player is coming out soon.

Automation, automation, automation.

A media player/client that works with MPEG-4/AVC High Profile; or in English one that plays HD MPEG-4 captures ;)

Cheers,

Ask Dish Networks what size HD TV they monitor their HD feeds at dishquality. Find out if they are true 1080, HD, and not not ED...

If not at least 50 inches suggest they upgrade...

gdarwin said:
Ask Dish Networks what size HD TV they monitor their HD feeds at dishquality. Find out if they are true 1080, HD, and not not ED...

YES! Great post!

Can someone check out:

1. The new Yamaha RX-V2700 A/V receiver?
2. New Sony XBR2 line.
3. Anything related to SED.
4. Tivo Series3 HD DVR.
5. Sony QAM/ATSC HD DVR (replacements for DHG-HDD250/500), if anything.

Thanks!

Ask the Directv numbskulls when the hell more HD national channels are coming. Also, ask them if they are really in-touch with what their customers really want. Ask them if they have a comment of the HD lite issue. Oh, and ask them if they consider themselves the leader in HD programming. That answer should be hilarious.

gdarwin said:

They had one Dish RCA TV and a 40 Inch Samsung TV in their Quality Control room at the uplink.

I commented that both sets looked like crap and was told they don't ISF them as they want to have what most people have in their house a non calibrated TV. They did say they do have one calibrated TV that they can also refer to if they need to.

Scott Greczkowski said:
They had one Dish RCA TV and a 40 Inch Samsung TV in their Quality Control room at the uplink.

I commented that both sets looked like crap and was told they don't ISF them as they want to have what most people have in their house a non calibrated TV. They did say they do have one calibrated TV that they can also refer to if they need to.

You gotta be kidding me.......:mad::mad::mad:

would be interested if they had a sub 700 dollar home theater receiver that had the following features.

sirius ready
hdmi switching with upconversion, at least two hdmi inputs
ethernet input for network streaming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)