What do you consider the worst sports Uniforms of All-Time?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
A lot of team have been known to wear uniforms that can be considered very ugly.

My Sabres have a logo/uniform design that's been ridiculed and mocked by some (Buffa-slug)

What do YOU guys consider the worst sport uniforms of all-time/

Here's mine:

4Kemp.JPG

HD MM, I'm sorry if this is taking a personal shot at your Cavs, but... I don't think King James would have approved of those colors.

Didn't the Philadelphia Eagles wear some awful yellow and baby blue uniform last year? I remember, it but not when they wore it. Man it was awful.

however, I do remember some awful jersey from the vancouver canucks when I first started watching hockey as a kid.

Attachments

• canucks_jersey_7884.jpg
    canucks_jersey_7884.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 256
The late 70s early 80s Pirates. This was the double knit era and they had three uniforms, black, yellow, and white with really thick yellow stripes with a thin black stripe bordering the yellow. And they abandoned the wonderful classic mustard cap with a black bill for these 19th Century style hats that looked like an over-washed French army hat, in Black with yellow and the reverse (several teams wore these in 1976 for the NL Centienial, but they stick with the Pirates. And players got these "stars" sewn on the hats for good plays, like helmet stickers. And then they mixed and matched (mostly not matched) the tops, bottoms and hats).

The 1979 World Series, featuring the Pirates and the Orange top wearing Orioles, with both teams full of veterans (fat guys) looked like a softball tournament.

Of course, somebody has to mention the University of Oregon. So I did. All of these Nike clown costume uniforms are a pox on college football. Its no wonder the True Majors just stick with the classics.

A lot of team have been known to wear uniforms that can be considered very ugly.

My Sabres have a logo/uniform design that's been ridiculed and mocked by some (Buffa-slug)

What do YOU guys consider the worst sport uniforms of all-time/

Here's mine:

4Kemp.JPG

HD MM, I'm sorry if this is taking a personal shot at your Cavs, but... I don't think King James would have approved of those colors.

No worries. I completely agree SabresRule. Those jerseys lasting from 1994-2003 were the worst jerseys ever! I just can't figure out what took so long to finally change them. BTW, I actually think their black away jerseys were worse than the ones you showed above...

1997_black_jersey.gif

The university of Kentucky wore some denim colored uniforms in the 90's and those were awful. Fans were about to hang Pitino for having them. There is actually a color blue named "Kentucky Blue" for the color of the Wildcats colors.

Didn't the Philadelphia Eagles wear some awful yellow and baby blue uniform last year? I remember, it but not when they wore it. Man it was awful.

however, I do remember some awful jersey from the vancouver canucks when I first started watching hockey as a kid.

As far as the Philadelphia Eagles are concerned, they wore throwback uniforms in celebration of their 75th season in the NFL. I recall they wore those uniforms in a game against Detroit.

As far as the Philadelphia Eagles are concerned, they wore throwback uniforms in celebration of their 75th season in the NFL. I recall they wore those uniforms in a game against Detroit.

I remember them too, they were quite aweful.

I always thought that the Seattle Seahawks were bad as well (current).

Jimbo

We seem to be forgetting some (plus a few pictures for some above responses)........

70's- 80's Pirates (What's with the painter's type square cap?! ...

ray.jpg

70's Astros.....

RyanN-8x10-Rainbow.jpg

Vancouver Canucks.....

canucks.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing IMO is worse than the Buccaneers uniforms in the Culverhouse days before the Glazers changed them. How about a pic of that real horrid looking logo.

I'm actually of the opinion that the old Bucs uniforms are better than the ones they have now.

Titans are the worst in the NFL, IMO, but hey, maybe I'm not one to talk. :eek:

Of course, somebody has to mention the University of Oregon. So I did. All of these Nike clown costume uniforms are a pox on college football. Its no wonder the True Majors just stick with the classics.

I love the Oregon uniforms, just because they are so different and jarring. By the way, Oregon State has had some "beautiful" uniforms in the same "in your face" vein. I loved them too.

I am a UCLA fan and, unlike many, even root for SC when they are not playing the Bruins. But I am SOOOoooo tired of their uniforms (both teams).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)