Status
Please reply by conversation.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
I have about 4 old receivers that aren't being used from D*. On numerous occasions they've said they would send me a shipment box to send them back, but obviously they haven't, and I'm tired of them taking up my storage space. I want to unload these things somehow. Do I have any rights with these things? I know they're not technically "mine," but I'm also not about to spend my own money to send this stuff back to D*. Is there anything I can do with 2 old SD receivers, a R15 (or whatever the regular SD DVR is that doesn't work with the new SWM) and a H20 with a busted HDMI port?

I have no leased units in storage. I do have an owned H10 and H20 in storage and I'll probably unload the H10 at some point. The H20 is one of the supposedly defective ones, though I had no problems with it, and DirecTV has already swapped it out. I doubt they'd activate the H20 since they've labeled it as "defective" so it's pretty much a door stop. My two older owned SD's finally went to Salvation Army for donation credit. I don't think DirecTV has any interest in old owned equipment and very little interest in old leased SD equipment.

My receivers listed as "spares" below are all deactivated receivers that they did not ask for.

If we ever cancel our service, I'm afraid they may ask for them. I don't have any plans to do that, but it makes me nervous about not having them on hand.

....So.... I basically have a bunch of doorstops and things to throw at young drunken college jerks who mess with my outdoor Sirius antenna?

....So.... I basically have a bunch of doorstops and things to throw at young drunken college jerks who mess with my outdoor Sirius antenna?

Hmmmm,
Now thats putting them to GOOD use !

I too have a closet full of rec's , old RCA 222's H10's a Sony HD 100 maybe a few others I have forgotten...

Jimbo

if anybody here has a directv sd receiver sitting around collecting dust and it works, i'm looking for one!

I just dropped off about 100 primestar receivers at the electronics recycling day, they looked at me kinda funny when I pulled up.

Jimbo if you are looking to unload that sony Hd100 I am interested.

You get PPV coupons in your mail for free PPV's from USSB , coming soon !!!:D
Jimbo

I was just wondering how many people here understood the bolded part of your post. My main folder in Internet Explorer for all satellite related links is still USSB.

I have about 4 old receivers that aren't being used from D*. On numerous occasions they've said they would send me a shipment box to send them back, but obviously they haven't, and I'm tired of them taking up my storage space.

Same thing happened with me. I replaced a leased HD receiver (can't remember the model number) with their HD DVR about 15 months ago and asked for boxes three or four times to ship the HD receiver back. Never got a box and the CSRs can't explain why. Very wierd. It's sitting in a closet...I'm sure if I were to get rid of it they would ask for it shortly afterword. :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)