What Do You Suggest?

JBook

Original poster
Nov 14, 2004
Alright Guys,
Here's the deal. I have been a Dish user for some time now, and like most of you I am very displeased with them over the Dish 921. I totally want to be able to watch and RECORD HDTV. But since the 921 has no possibility of watching and RECORDING HDTV...

What do you suggest?

I have a 921 I can watch and record HD. You cannot watch live OTA HD and record OTA HD at the same time as there is only 1 OTA tuner. But, most other combinations of HD watching/recroding/playing are possible. The bigger problem with the 921 is software issues, but those are promsied to be fixed with the next software update.

In the future there will be the 942. The original specs Scott brought back from team summit still only has 1 OTA and 2 Sat tunners. Hopefully that will change on the final product to 2 OTA, 2 Sat tuner.

Otherwise, it is D-VHS or Blue ray recorders or move to Direct for HD Tivo.

D-VHS records using IEEE1394. The 921's dishwire ports were shipped disabled for reasons most feel are to protect against HD piracy, then again this is speculation.

JBook, the 921 records HD as it was designed to do, it just won't let you offload/archive HD content. You could offload/archive for personal use, but it would be SD.

Jason