What do you suppose this guy was thinking?

vampz26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 20, 2006
Chicago
2912383505_4474b5f3fc.jpg

Saw this 'scene' in my alley...thought I'd snap a picture on my cell and post in in the warzone under a heading of 'create a caption', but thats not going to happen.

Either way, I thought it was at least worth sharing for comment amongst the populace. Or at least the constituency amongst the populace that would see the humor in it. ;)

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
I usually tell my Time Warner-to-Dish customers to box up their cable receivers in the old Dish box, and take the whole package to the local cable office. I'm sure Time Warner really appreciates that. :p

tastim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 7, 2008
I guess I'm missing something.... all I see is someone that switch from Direct to Dish and took out the trash....

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I guess I'm missing something.... all I see is someone that switch from Direct to Dish and took out the trash....

+1. Throwing out the "old and busted" DTV dish, and the box the spanking new Dish Network receiver came in. Who says Dish isn't competitive with DirecTV?

UpAllNight

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 7, 2006
I think ya all have it wrong... 'clearly', this is signs of a busted cheating husband. :eek:
I bet his new bag of Callaway's is in the bin next to it. :D

Ben Kidman

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 2, 2008
Castro Valley,CA
Might he got the AT & T,”U—Verse” and get the ride of the ugly dish top of his building & old box!

P.S
damn vampz26
Loves ur camera real NICE
Crystal clear picture :)

Last edited:

vampz26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 20, 2006
Chicago
Might he got the AT & T,”U—Verse” and get the ride of the ugly dish top of his building & old box!

P.S
damn vampz26
Loves ur camera real NICE
Crystal clear picture :)

Thanks...I took it with my Treo 755p PDA...

I was impressed with the quality of the device myself. I should post to the gadgets forum...but another time... ;)

Carl B

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2003
Arvada, CO
Would make a great ad for Comcast, you should contact them and see if they would pay you for the picture.

vegassatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Would make a great ad for Comcast, you should contact them and see if they would pay you for the picture.

I can see it now. A commercial montage of garbage can after garbage can full of dishes and receivers with the song Dust In The Wind by Kansas playing in the background. Then a big COX logo afterward.

dishcomm

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 29, 2005
suburbia
I don't know about that...it looks like the old D* 3-LNB setup...and honestly, whomever took it I hope gets some decent use out of it...
I had a few of these in my garage form when I took out D* and installed E*..gave a couple away have one left..plus on 18" dish and a shitload of 3X4 multiswitches and a couple 5X8's..threw a lot of the stuff away....it just accumulates. now I just leave it with the customer.. I used to ask if they wanted me to "dispose" of it for them. Now I don't care to...Not my job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts