what do you think about the Sony SAT-HD300

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigt0169

Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Northern VA
I am thinking about getting this Sony SAT-HD300 I just want to know what people think. I have read some really good reviews and some bad ones. If you could please help me out and let me know what you guys think about this. Also if this is a good receiver then where might I be able to get one for a good price.

Thank you guys for you time

bigt0169 said:
I am thinking about getting this Sony SAT-HD300 I just want to know what people think. I have read some really good reviews and some bad ones. If you could please help me out and let me know what you guys think about this. Also if this is a good receiver then where might I be able to get one for a good price.

Thank you guys for you time

I have had the Sat-HD 100 and 200 (and loved them) and ordered the 300 and it's supposed to be coming in today. I really think Sony does a nice job with the box. Folks will tell you it's the same as the LG but Sony puts it's only software on the 300. I'd say go for it.

Have 2 HD300 and love them, before that I had the Samsung 160 then the 360 they worked fine but did not compare with the Sonys,especially on SD content

I wish Directv offered those directly. I have an install for an HD receiver tomorrow and am told they only install Hughes or Samsung. I've heard horror stories on both. :(

dcbag, could you expound on why you like the Sony so much more than the Samsungs? I have the Samsung and am curious about the Sony. Is it better with OTA signals, etc??

Thanks for any thoughts.

Neutron said:
I wish Directv offered those directly. I have an install for an HD receiver tomorrow and am told they only install Hughes or Samsung. I've heard horror stories on both. :(
We are now having a hell of a thunderstorm here in Northern Va and the HTL-HD is carring the signal perfectly,very few,if ever drops,and not tonight.Most are made by LG with a few less options on one and a few more on others.We have had this STB for 7 months

I bought my SAT-HD300 yesterday and installed it today. What a great STB! Hooked it up via DVI to my 23" Sony LCD. Great picture-great setup program. Added my OTA to it as well as my basic local cable all channels look amazing. Signed up for the Sunday Ticket deal.

I currently have Voom as well but this Sony box makes me want to dump Voom.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)