what do you think about this

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

babcea

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
N.Florida
My brother and I picked this dish up for free today.It is a 10.5 foot RAYDX.Is this a well known dish,because I have never heard of this brand before.It's a very well built dish,everything is aluminum and stainless steal.I have a 10 foot channel master and it look's cheap built compared to this one.The man we got this from said he paid $1,500 for it 10 years ago.The lnb arm in the center is very thick,it does not move like some other dishes I have seen.The mesh is alot thicker than mine,it's very strong.The actuator is a superjack HD,the shaft is alot bigger than any other motor I have seen.The mounting bracket is 6 inches not four like all the other dishes I have taken down.I had to post this on here because I have never seen a dish this well built,the pictures might not be good enough to really tell how good it is,once we mount it I can get better ones of the back.

Attachments

• 102_1520.jpg
    102_1520.jpg
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 280
  • 102_1522.jpg
    102_1522.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 102_1523.jpg
    102_1523.jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 102_1524.jpg
    102_1524.jpg
    794.5 KB · Views: 267
Nice looking dish, I've heard of Raydx but can't say I remember ever seeing one. I googled and found a little about them but not much. Its hard to tell from the pictures but the mesh looks a little big for ku, but then again its hard to tell how close you were to the dish when you took the shot. A button hook feed, you will probably need to guy that somehow, most button hooks sag over time. It looks to be in real good shape, and RUGGED!.

What you have is a version of a Raydx commercial dish, I already have one installed and it is one well built dish, wish I could find another one here in Iowa. The only problem I can see with the dish is trying to get KU channels that could be a problem because of the hole size in the screen. I've got my dish setup with a dual C-band feedhorn so I'm not even trying to get KU on this dish also the mount you have is slightly different from the dish I have. I've posted pictures of the mount an the dish being installed in previous posts.
Also if it like the dish I have the button hook is not going to move..well built

GREAT FIND................

Last edited:
that button hook is what suprised me about this dish,it is very strong,we will see if it has sagged any when we put it on the pole and get it going.I think the dish is good for ku,the holes are close enough,but we will only use for c band,I was hoping it was a c/ku feed horn but it is only a C band.the owner said it has only been a few months since he switched to dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)