What do you think? Oakland voters approve marijuana tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Munchies!

Alright, I gotta tell this tale. It was a long time ago, 1968 to be exact. I had a friend who had some of this funny stuff in a baggie and I had my first try at the stuff. There were 3 of us and we did a couple of doobies. Frankly, it didn't do much for me but it did make me hungry. It just happens that on this very same day, McDonalds rolled out its Big Mac nationwide. We went down to Mac's and I ate four of them suckers. Yep, four of them. I still remember all the laughter we had going while I wolfed them down..... Oh, by the way, yes, I did inhale... :) For what it's worth, I don't touch it today and haven't for more than 35 years.

I think the worst negative side effect of cannabis use is complacency. And with complaceny comes dependence. It affects all users to some extent.

I speak here as a reformed "addict" and many years removed from my last consumption. In my own situation I can see how complacency put my career on hold, as well as my quest to be financially independent. One can weigh for him/herself which is more important, but as for me I would feel a whole lot better now knowing that I had made myself independent and set the stage for better opportunities and economic security for my heirs and assigns if I had never imbibed in the first place for such short-lived gratification. If only I knew then what I know now...

I think back to the Vietnam war. I did not serve, but IIRC our enemy helped make drugs including cannabis readily available to our soldiers in harm's way...to make them complacent and take the fight out of them. Did that have any impact on the outcome...?

America did not become the world leader it once was on complacency. But complacency may very well hasten our current decline...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)