What do you think of on the 4th of July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs, burgers, beer, and of course the birthday of this great nation of ours.......

Fly your flags people!!!

Adoption of the Declaration of Independence, Outdoor cooking (personally, I'm smoking ribs and a beef brisket), beer, family and fireworks!

Have a good 4th all! I'm taking tomorrow off so I can have an extended 4 day holiday!

I think of the brave men who pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor to the cause of freeing us from an oppressive tyrannical government.

Then I wonder what the #$@% happened since then, so that we find ourselves under an oppressive tyrannical government, and everybody thinks they are free.

I think of the brave men who pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor to the cause of freeing us from an oppressive tyrannical government.

Then I wonder what the #$@% happened since then, so that we find ourselves under an oppressive tyrannical government, and everybody thinks they are free.

Well at least we dont have to watch cricket with THIS oppressive goverment. :D

Before writing such nonsense, please think about real people living under real oppressive tyrannical government every day.:mad:

I tend to think of all the sacrifices made over the years for the ideal of freedom that we uphold as a country. I try to think of somehow, someway, I can live up to the gift they have given us.

As a kid I thought how great the day was and what it stood for, the fireworks were always the best part and it was cool to be around alot of other people watching the fireworks and parades. As an adult I think about how much its changed from what it used to be and how I miss the parades and the fireworks displays that more and more cities are opting not to have due to budget and fire concerns and the decline of the traditional parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)