What do you think the greatest decade of the 20th century was?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I happen to love the 80’s. The movies, the TV, the VCR (even though it technically came out in the 70’s), the music (including MTV), and the president. All were awesome!!

Reactions: Rey and spongella
I'm going to agree with the 40's for the reasons stated above. But if I could choose another, I rather like the tumultuous 60's where civil right were guaranteed by law, segregation was abolished, and we landed two men on the moon before the decade was out. The Pill came into widespread use as well. ;) On the other hand, the Vietnam war was hell. But so was WWII.

No contest....80s was the best decade....

In no particular order after #2

1- Arcades
2- Music (best rock era!): Van Halen, Poison, Motley Crue, Poison, Metallica, Beatie Boys, Bon Jovi etc
3- John Hugues movies
4- All other classic movies (which will never be remade): Back to the Future trilogy, Gremlins, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Empire Strikes Back, Die Hard, GodFather 2, Stand by Me, Ferris Bueller, Raiders of the Lost Ark, ET and Top Gun
5- MTV
6 Rubix Cube
7- Who Shot J.R?
8- Walkman
9- Awesome TV SHOWS: MacGyver, A-Team, Air Wolf, Knight Rider, Cheers, Wonder Years
10- Morris the Cat
11- ABC After School specials
12- JOHN RITTER!

Cheers, KH

If you mean the greatest influence on the world.. 40's wins hands down but WW1 in the 10's set it up. .but I don't think we have too many active members from the ww2 generation to agree with us
I'm going to agree with the 40's for the reasons stated above. But if I could choose another, I rather like the tumultuous 60's where civil right were guaranteed by law, segregation was abolished, and we landed two men on the moon before the decade was out. The Pill came into widespread use as well. ;) On the other hand, the Vietnam war was hell. But so was WWII.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Having been born in 1949, I remember some of the 50s, and all of the rest. I'll take the 60s. The Vietnam war was horrible and the Cuban missile crisis was scary, but the rest was wonderful. Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, the Beatles, color TV, Woodstock, ... I was a teenager, I was in college, I had a motorcycle, no responsibilities. For me it was a Golden Age.

The 70’s was my favorite. I kinda get upset when the WW2 people are called the Greatest Generation. They started the Vietnam War and drafted me. I ended up being part of that mess.

Reactions: spongella
My favorite decade was the 1990s.

The movies (Home Alone 1 and 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Wars Episode I, Pokemon: The First Movie, Aladdin, a live action adaptation of The Flintstones, Toy Story 1 and 2, A Bug's Life, Small Soldiers, Antz, Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, Mrs. Doubtfire).
The TV shows and cartoons (Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, Doug, Hey Arnold!, Double Dare, Nick Arcade, Rugrats, The Powerpuff Girls, Animaniacs, Dexter's Laboratory, SpongeBob SquarePants, King of the Hill, The Simpsons, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Sliders)
Two newer, smaller broadcast TV networks launched: The WB and UPN.
The video games (The Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Bros. franchises are popular (the decade began with Nintendo releasing Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES), the war between Nintendo and Sega had begun in the early 1990s, PC gaming)
The music (boy bands including the Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees and 'Nsync, rap music and country music become mainstream, R&B/soul groups including Boyz II Men and All 4 One, pop-punk bands such as Blink-182, and alternative rock, including such names as Alanis Morisette and The Barenaked Ladies)
Bill Clinton was president.
The Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl XXXI in 1997.
The fads of the 1990s (Beanie Baby collecting, Tomagotchi virtual pets, Furby
Pokemon become the biggest Nintendo franchise since Mario and Legend of Zelda. Pokemon had Game Boy games, trading card games, toys and even an anime based on the game that aired in first-run syndication in 1998 before moving to The WB TV network in 1999.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)