What do you use to encode video for your phone?

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
What do you use to encode video for your phone? Do you rip DVD's and then somehow shrink the video down?
What app do you use to watch them?

I don't take movies with me for phone or tablet but i use video redo to take commercials out of the .ts video files from hdhomerun TV tuner and then use Vidcoder to shrink and convert to mp4 for my tablet.

Dinky little phone? I have a Note 3

I was trying to be facetious. And furthermore, the OP said "phone", not phablet. I still think a 5.7" screen is pretty dinky for movie-watching. My own personal minimum watchable dimension is 7". If you enjoy carrying around a phablet (which IMHO does nothing well), then more power to you!

I was trying to be facetious. And furthermore, the OP said "phone", not phablet. I still think a 5.7" screen is pretty dinky for movie-watching. My own personal minimum watchable dimension is 7". If you enjoy carrying around a phablet (which IMHO does nothing well), then more power to you!

I am the OP. ;)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Lol. Until I got the S4 watching video for more than a few minutes was just not enjoyment. But I must say the PQ of the S4, combined with having just enough size horizontally, does allow for watching video longer than I would have in the past. I wouldn't watch a whole movie, but would over time. Great for times I am waiting around for something but do not have my tablet. For flights the tablet is the only way to go.

I use MakeMKV to do the actual ripping of my discs but use Handbrake to convert to .mp4 or to reduce the rip to a more manageable size. My Asus Transformer 700T will handle straight BD rips just fine but reducing the size allows me to get 4 or 5 movies on a 64 GB card without having anything hanging off the tablet.

Handbrake works really well, has presets for phones and tablets, is free, and is available for PC, Mac, and Linux.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)