What Do You Want on DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DROPmeNthaMIDDLE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2006
West Hartford, CT
Why do a lot of digital cable losers get more channels than us loyal DirecTV fanboys? Let me tell you, my friends, it sucks and it's not right. When I was a kid - like 9 years ago - having a satellite used to mean something. It was a status symbol. We all delighted in going to our b**** of a grandparent's house to watch her C-band, and we knew that we were gonna have access to every channel that we could ever want - plus the Family Channel. Now, I just see cable kicking our ass on the content front. It's depressing!

Seriously, is MTV Hits to much to ask for? And if I don't get all of the extra HBO channels (Zone, Comedy, etc.) instead of just the East and West of the basic ones, I am gonna freak! Of course, I would probably still freak if I got it, too - but that would be a good freak. A pleasant freak, if you will. Like that one fateful morning in 2002, when I turned on my TV to discover that The WB and UPN were now included with my local channels. Ahhhhh. They were playing Jenny Jones and Maury.

Memories!

I'll tell you want you want, whatcha really really want. Wanna huh! Wanna huh! Wanna.....

Sorry.

I really really really wanna ziga zig-ahhh.

:)

Well OK. Welcome to the forum. I would like to see INHD and NESN HD. Those are being creatively blocked by cable by use of digital subscriber numbers and fees and bandwidth restrictions (?). So if I could get those, my cable (Comcast) has nothing over D*.

I know many will laugh at this It would be great to have the WWE 24/7 channel able to work with DTV!

Since D*'s made a big deal of the HD LIL's how about the rest in a DMA and not justs the 'big four' networks that have HD channels? Also what about the RSN's that have HD channels that are on cable now? Or is D* also bandwidth constrained on the new KA birds that they can't even do that?

DROPmeNthaMIDDLE said:
I know what you mean. We'll get INHD when we get Howard Stern On Demand - a looooong time.

I'm in West Hartford! Hi, neighbor. ;)

Seems like there are a lot of Connecticut people on this board!:)

Even a detailed statement about RSN's, any RSN's, would calm a bunch of fires. I would think the holdup would be the fact that they can't blanket-statement them, thanks to the cable monopoly-controlled ones. (Thanks Comcast, Cablevision et al)

I think Comcast is working on developing an NHL Network for the U.S. Maybe the league is involved. If so, it might be a brand new one for both countries. It would then replace the one TSN produces. Just my thoughts...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)