What does everyone use to go wireless?

Stanleee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 20, 2004
NY State
What are all you 360 users using to make a wireless connection to your network? I see a bunch of choices with the Xbox USB the most expensive. New to all this as this is a Christmas gift for my 17 year old son.

Get him a PS3, the wireless is built in :)

If you have no other needs for wireless in the area of the 360, then the USB adapter would be your best option... also depends on where your router is compared to the 360 too.. you could also look into a homezone setup

or get a wireless bridge, which converts the built in ethernet connection into wireless.

As i had a Dlink router i used a dlink usb adaptor D-Link DWL-G800AP High Speed 2.4GHz (802.11g) Wireless Range Extender , quite expensive and the router has to have the correct fware rev on the router to support xbox, this does not inlcude the latest revs ! .

I noticed in bestbuy that OEM wii wireless adaptors are cheaper than the nintendo ones, would one of them work on an xbox too. I dont have the xbox anylonger so cant test my self.

What are all you 360 users using to make a wireless connection to your network? I see a bunch of choices with the Xbox USB the most expensive. New to all this as this is a Christmas gift for my 17 year old son.
All his buddys have Xbox 360 so he wants to play them and send messages or whatever else you can do on Live. I personally thought the Playstation was the better machine because of all the problems with the 360, but thats what he wanted anyway.

I have an Apple Airport Express WiFi station extender in the wall next to my A/V rack, which feeds a Linksys 10/100 switcher. My Xbox 360, as well as my Playstation, Slingbox and Dish ViP 722 DVR all hardwire ethernet connect to the switcher.

Has worked like a charm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)