LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
Picked it up at Costco for $42.99 last week. It was originally supposed to be a Christmas present for the kids, but I convinced my wife we had enough Christmas presents and we broke it out early. :)

I had both of the LEGO Star Wars games for the PS2, and I must say I was a little worried that it wouldn't be worth the money to buy this one for the PS3, but oh, how wrong I was... The visual improvement alone (runs in 1080p, or so the box says) is worth the money, especially on the original (Episodes I-III) levels. I imagine the same would be true for the 360 version, but those are the only two they are claiming to have made significant improvements on. The gameplay also seems much smoother, especially when compared to playing the old games on the PS3, which caused a few random glitches.

There are also a few new levels - only one of which I've tried yet - and a new challenge mode where you try to get all of the minikits in a given level within the time limit. They also have added the Red Power Bricks from LSW II to the original levels (unless I'm forgetting something, they didn't have them in the first game), which will add 18 new "extras" to be bought.

Overall, this game is definitely worth the money if you are at all interested in it - especially if you can get it at Costco or somewhere for $43. My wife and I play it together, I play it by myself, and the kids love it. With all six episodes together and the new modes, it will take a long time to get through it all. In terms of gameplay time and fun for the money, this is going to be one of the best out there.

My wife bought this on Friday night, and we spent abuot 10 hours playing this over the weekend., its a great game. She loved LSW 2 on the 360, and now that we have the PS3 this was one i had told her was coming and she wanted to get it .
Co-Op is a great way to play a game, beats having to watch and switch off on levels.

I heard something about a Lego: Indiana Jones being in the works.... hope its as good as this.

I heard something about a Lego: Indiana Jones being in the works.... hope its as good as this.

You heard right:
LucasArts.com | LEGO Indiana Jones

Also found this on their site - a new game I hadn't heard of before, and it sounds interesting....
LucasArts.com | Fracture

And, of course, they also have next-gen Star Wars and Indiana Jones games coming next year that are not LEGO-based and look to feature some pretty cool new technology.

I have to modify my original review slightly. The game is visually superior in every way to the PS2 version, as I said, but there is one level I have a problem with: Hoth Battle in Episode V is, in my estimation, only barely better than the PS2 version, and has some serious screen tearing issues any time there is an explosion and/or fast moving action on screen.

Not sure what is going on there, since none of the other levels (including other vehicle levels) have the same problem, but I thought I'd mention it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts