Rock Band Pre-orders

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Rock Band Pre-orders are going fast

I got my pre-order in for the 360 version last month. Gamestop, Rockband.com, and Amazon have basically stopped taking orders. Looks like this and the Wii console may be the 2 hardest things to come by this holiday season.

Last edited:
Put money down at gamestop awhile back when I noticed that the rockband website stopped taking preorders. I didn't think a preorder was needed since I had no problems getting that last two "big release" games that I wanted (GH3 and Halo3), but decided it wouldn't hurt to put some $$$ on a preorder just incase.

We were told at our GS that the only way to GUARANTEE to get a Rock Band on the first delivery was to PAY IN FULL. Deposits will be on a first come first serve basis, but we are guaranteed to get one on launch. Just a warning!

Good to know. A co-worker of mine put down $5 on it back in January. I'll have him call GS. I pre-ordered mine from Amazon last month. According to their CS, one is reserved for me and will be getting it soon after the 11/20 release. I pre-ordered one from NewEgg as well. Just in case.

We were told at our GS that the only way to GUARANTEE to get a Rock Band on the first delivery was to PAY IN FULL. Deposits will be on a first come first serve basis, but we are guaranteed to get one on launch. Just a warning!
I was told that I was guaranteed to receive a copy of RockBand on the release date by putting a minimum of $25 down. I didn't put anymore down since I don't trust GameStop all that much anyhow.. I figure $25 is not a big gamble at getting a release day game.. but much more, and I'll just wait for the next shipment, or stand in line at Wal-Mart (which I may do anyhow)

I pre ordered a few copies from GameStop and Amazon (both XBOX360 and PS3 versions) and I hope to have a few copies to give away for our SatelliteGuys Holiday Party. :)

I just got an email from Amazon. Mine has shipped and will be here on 11/21.
Wow. Package weight is 32lbs! I didn't think it was that heavy.

Got mine when Gamestop opened. They only got 6 preorders (not sure if that's how many they ordered or not) and the are 3-360 and 3-ps3. The first 3 of us got 360 versions.. I wonder if the next 3 wanted ps3 versions? From the tone of the salespeople's voices as they discussed their distribution, I'm guessing not. I asked no questions, just got my game and left ;)

I got mine this morning (well actually my wife went and picked them up)

1 XBOX 360 version and 1 PS3 version

Our Amazon Pre orders are also on their way, 2 XBOX 360 versions and 1 PS3 version.

My wife is upset that these things are so big, we were going to give them away for the holiday party but she feels it will cost a lot to ship them (and find boxes for them)

I will have to figure it out.

I got mine this morning (well actually my wife went and picked them up)

1 XBOX 360 version and 1 PS3 version

Our Amazon Pre orders are also on their way, 2 XBOX 360 versions and 1 PS3 version.

My wife is upset that these things are so big, we were going to give them away for the holiday party but she feels it will cost a lot to ship them (and find boxes for them)

I will have to figure it out.
Maybe have the winner help out with the shipping cost? I know if I won, I wouldn't mind kicking in some $$ for shipping.

maybe make it known the winner will have to pay shipping, and then less people will sign up for that prize, and those of us that want it will have a better chance :)

i would pay for shipping if i won. i would really like to go pick it up myself, but got to think of the family and their gifts before spending that much money.