What does this mean?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

george99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
I now have this message when I login to DTV's website:

We're sorry, but because of your base package you cannot change your programming online. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-DIRECTV.

I used to be able to see all my packages, equipment, etc. Now I got this instead.

I now have this message when I login to DTV's website:

We're sorry, but because of your base package you cannot change your programming online. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-DIRECTV.

I used to be able to see all my packages, equipment, etc. Now I got this instead.

Is this when you log in, or when your looking at your programming ?

I just went into look at mine and it worked, might want to try again, maybe they were doing some maintenance.

If you have a base package that is no longer offered, you will probably get this message.

texasbrit said:
If you have a base package that is no longer offered, you will probably get this message.

Makes sence if your package is the lowest available, but what if he wants to upgrade to a better package, can he not do that without calling in ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I have TC+, which is an expired package. Oddly enough, I get all of the hd channels from the Choice Extra package. I had no problem logging in. Perhaps george99 will come back and tell us which package he has.

It happened several times yesterday throughout the whole day.
I have the Premier package, HD, DVR, and The package with the few extra HD channels (I forgot the name of it).
I still see this message today.

Well, forget it. The message is now gone, and the normal stuff is now showing. Thanks for the replies!

Hmm, just one of those Twilight Zone moments I guess!

I just got that this morning as well. I was trying to add on the free HD Extra Pack thing (generally I don't find it worth it to add and remove it every 3 months, but there's something I want to DVR, so I decided to add it) and got that message. So I tried to call customer service like it says and got the message that customer service is only open 8AM - 10PM local time.
On a hunch, before calling back at 8:30AM, I tried online again and it worked. I wonder if it's related to the service center not being open?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)