What droid to go to next?

I don't get why people get worked up over Quadrant scores. Personally, I go by how fast or slow the phone feels when I'm using it ... like a (smart)phone.

Agreed. I was just curious to see what it reported compared with my Droid. I had actually taken Quadrant off my old phone. Was running low on storage. It was not necessary. But curiosity got me. :)

My phone feels faster after killing processes with ATK. It feels faster after doing a full wipe and installing a good ROM. I'd bet running a benchmark would give similar results. :)

Those that have a galaxy phone, what is your opinion on the build quality? Just got my wifes in and I am not impressed with the plasticy feel of it. Of course I am comparing it to the Droid, which is built like a tank.

It's ok, not great, not terrible. I have the Epic. The back feels plasticy, but works.

Easier access than my HTC Hero was.

It's ok, not great, not terrible. I have the Epic. The back feels plasticy, but works.

Easier access than my HTC Hero was.

Yeah, thats my main complaint, the back cover is one piece of plastic, and thin plastic at that.
Of course the overall thinness of the phone may be part of why it feels cheaper to me, it is so thin and light. Not something you would want to drop for sure.

Playing with the phone, and am impressed with the hummingbird processor, and the screen is very nice.

I will say that overclocked, my droid seems just as snappy on the few things I have been able to compare. I would imagine graphic rich content will really show the power of the hummingbird processor though. Cant wait to play with it some more.

I had gotten the Vibrant before the G2. However, no camera flash, lag even with custom rom and poor dialer I moved on. The dialer on the DroidX is sweet because if the ability to check a contacts call history with a simple flick to the left.

Yeah, glad that our version has flash for the camera, and it has been VERY quick, with no lag whatsoever. She has been very pleased, and I am impressed to this point.

I had gotten the Vibrant before the G2. However, no camera flash, lag even with custom rom and poor dialer I moved on. The dialer on the DroidX is sweet because if the ability to check a contacts call history with a simple flick to the left.

Cool. I did not realize that. Just tried it. I like it.

I just went out and got my wife her Droid X and set it up. Now the teaching process begins, as I will show her some tricks with it and then let her go and try to customize it to her own design. She has had a Treo 700 running Palm OS for the past two years without a data plan. This should be a big change for her.

I also realized that they eliminated the direct dial/direct text shortcuts on the Droid X, which I used in the dock bar for Launcher Pro. Had to download a program called Folder Organizer to be able to get it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)