What equipment should I get?

WakeBdr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Cumming, GA
About a month ago, the installers came out to install my Dish system but couldn't because of the way my house was wired and built. Since then, I have re-wired my house with two lines to each location I want a tv (4). All of these lines terminate in my new wiring closet so there is easy access to them. I am going to call them tomorrow to reschedule my install and was wondering what equipment I should ask for.

I know I want DVR on at least one tv. I was thinking of asking for 4 separate receivers because I have a need to be able to easily take one with me when I need to. Any recommendations on what equipment I should get?

Thanks in advance

That all depends on how many of those 4 tvs will actually be used simultaneously. For example, there are only two people in my house, so a 522 would be ideal, with the TV2 output sent to all the other rooms. If all 4 will be used at the same time for different channels, you could either choose a 522 to run two of them, and either two single tuner 301/311/etc or another 522 or 322 for the other two. If #3 and #4 are the single tuner models, that would make it easier to take somewhere else as only one input would be required.

If any of your tvs are high-definition monitors then the 811 is another option to consider.

It is possible that all 4 tv's could be viewed simultaneously so I would definitely need a tuner for each. I do not have a need for HD right now, so a high definition tuner is not a requirement for me.

Thanks for your input. It is greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts