What equipment should I get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WakeBdr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Cumming, GA
About a month ago, the installers came out to install my Dish system but couldn't because of the way my house was wired and built. Since then, I have re-wired my house with two lines to each location I want a tv (4). All of these lines terminate in my new wiring closet so there is easy access to them. I am going to call them tomorrow to reschedule my install and was wondering what equipment I should ask for.

I know I want DVR on at least one tv. I was thinking of asking for 4 separate receivers because I have a need to be able to easily take one with me when I need to. Any recommendations on what equipment I should get?

Thanks in advance

That all depends on how many of those 4 tvs will actually be used simultaneously. For example, there are only two people in my house, so a 522 would be ideal, with the TV2 output sent to all the other rooms. If all 4 will be used at the same time for different channels, you could either choose a 522 to run two of them, and either two single tuner 301/311/etc or another 522 or 322 for the other two. If #3 and #4 are the single tuner models, that would make it easier to take somewhere else as only one input would be required.

If any of your tvs are high-definition monitors then the 811 is another option to consider.

It is possible that all 4 tv's could be viewed simultaneously so I would definitely need a tuner for each. I do not have a need for HD right now, so a high definition tuner is not a requirement for me.

Thanks for your input. It is greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)