What equipment to expect?

tylerbonezjonez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I’m thinking about signing up with directv, been away for a while and had a genie and mini genie when they first came out. What hardware can I expect to get? Is it still genie? If so is it newer? Can I stream Netflix through the box? Like the hopper? Thanks! Is directv mobile app better than dish anywhere as far as watching tv on the go or through the app?

here is a picture of their most current box-
FC7F15C0-765E-4ED5-AAC9-602A858ACC6E.jpeg

I’m thinking about signing up with directv, been away for a while and had a genie and mini genie when they first came out. What hardware can I expect to get? Is it still genie? If so is it newer? Can I stream Netflix through the box? Like the hopper? Thanks! Is directv mobile app better than dish anywhere as far as watching tv on the go or through the app?
It’s all the same old equipment No Netflix and the Dish app is a lot better then the Directv one

There are two versions of Genie currently being distributed, the HR54 and HS17. The 54 can connect to your tv and deliver a picture, the 17 requires a client to do so. The 54 can give you one 4k stream, the 17 gives 2. The 17 has a larger hard drive.

Reactions: harshness
here is a picture of their most current box-
View attachment 154283
ROTFLMAO :biggrin

There are two versions of Genie currently being distributed, the HR54 and HS17. The 54 can connect to your tv and deliver a picture, the 17 requires a client to do so. The 54 can give you one 4k stream, the 17 gives 2. The 17 has a larger hard drive.
And the HR54 has 5 tuners, the HS17 has 7 tuners.

Be sure to call 1-800-531-5000 that gets you to the "NEW" D*TV ===NOT AT&T --compare how your treated when you call

I’ve actually decided to go with Dish Network! Thanks all.
They have great equipment, and good software, but dish has problems with way to many sports channels and is always losing channels to contract disputes...And yes, both the prices go up every year

That's a big difference to those that care. I doubt many do.
Well if you have more then 4 TV’s you need to. They won’t sell you a H25 or HR24 anymore New 4 room install consists of 54 and 3 minis. Go over 5 minis and you get auto upgraded to a HS17

?????
Thats ONLY if your Watching 4 TV's at any one time.
Yeh I understand most of you are older and have no kids in the house and watch one TV at a time But I have 9 TVs. At any time could have 5-6 going A lot of people have 2-3 TV’s in there bar/family room for Sunday ticket Plus then whatever else people in the house are watching It’s a real limitation

Yeh I understand most of you are older and have no kids in the house and watch one TV at a time But I have 9 TVs. At any time could have 5-6 going A lot of people have 2-3 TV’s in there bar/family room for Sunday ticket Plus then whatever else people in the house are watching It’s a real limitation
I suspect having more than 2 tvs on at any one time would put you in 1% of the customer base.

I suspect having more than 2 tvs on at any one time would put you in 1% of the customer base.
I suspect you have no clue what you are talking about If that’s the case then what’s the point of a 16 channel hopper or a 7 channel HS17. With a HR54. If you are recording 3 prime time shows your now down to 2 tuners

I suspect you have no clue what you are talking about If that’s the case then what’s the point of a 16 channel hopper or a 7 channel HS17. With a HR54. If you are recording 3 prime time shows your now down to 2 tuners
Recording numerous channels simultaneously isn't the same as watching at the same time.

Reactions: Jimbo