What exactly is OTA?

It isn't a one or the other proposition. Split the OTA feed to both the Dish receiver and your TV. That way you can still watch TV OTA even if the receiver is recording on all the OTA tuners.

OOOOO, I like it! Any GOOD splitter will do I assume? I've got to get a better indoor antenna anyway, so
I'll do it all at once. All of my locals (Madison, WI) are UHF, so I'm looking for a good one.

OOOOO, I like it! Any GOOD splitter will do I assume? I've got to get a better indoor antenna anyway, so
I'll do it all at once. All of my locals (Madison, WI) are UHF, so I'm looking for a good one.
when I moved from my old house.. cable company had put in an amp ... one of their "this is *definitely* the problem and this 'll fix it" (reality was that they were over capacity on the CMTS) ... anyway.. I took the amp with me 7db gain, with return line (for the cable modem) and 4 -3.5 db outputs .... just recently installed that to ramp up my OTA and starting to split it off .. one line to my AV receiver (fm radio is still a real medium) one to the OTA, one to TV, another will go to my 211k, and another to my other AV receiver (in my office).

Pay attention to the -db's on the splitter.. as you split the signal you drop power.. also you'd want a splitter that does 50MHz to 1000MHz (50m to 1g)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)