What gives with Gift vs Purchase options for Pub Memberships?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I received a reminder that my membership is about to expire. When I went to the upgrade page, "Purchase" was not as option for a one year membership. only Gift. Purchase is available for a 2 year. So, are we being forced into 2 years agreements? If so, I will probably decline.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Can you screen shot it?
Yes, attached are three screenshots of all my options. They are thumbnailed, click for larger view.

Screenshot from 2020-04-06 11-07-36S.png

Screenshot from 2020-04-06 11-08-02S.png

Screenshot from 2020-04-06 11-08-15S.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
What the deal is, You are not offered what you already have. When your membership actually expires you will find it available for sale again.

What the deal is, You are not offered what you already have. When your membership actually expires you will find it available for sale again.
Not sure thats correct either ....
I'm offered the 1 year membership and I'm not due yet.

I think KAB just needs to get ahold of Scott and see whats going on.

Reactions: FTA4PA and TheKrell
Not sure thats correct either ....
I'm offered the 1 year membership and I'm not due yet.

I think KAB just needs to get ahold of Scott and see whats going on.
I've tried, but he has not gotten back to me..

Here's what I get...

Attachments

• Pub Memeber renewal.PNG
    Pub Memeber renewal.PNG
    28.4 KB · Views: 197
  • Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I have a lifetime membership and I received notice the other day that my subscription is up . Does someone know something I don’t if so it’s been nice knowing everyone here.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have a lifetime membership and I received notice the other day that my subscription is up . Does someone know something I don’t if so it’s been nice knowing everyone here.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Thats interesting ... probably a glitch, I hope ....

I too am a Lifetime and haven't seen any type of notices.

From Scott:

I will check it later when I get to a laptop.

The last Xen update seems to have broken it if you already have a one year membership it won’t sell you another one.

I actually got to go into work today and fix a hardware issue. Was good to get out of the house.

LOL Thanks. I signed up for a 2 year and the software kept telling me I hadn't signed up at all. Scott told me at the time that there was a problem with the software when it didn't "see" what it was expecting. I'm still here. :D

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)