What happened to AMC and Sundance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigbyrd4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
St. George, SC
I got my Hopper 3 installed yesterday and I tried to find the Sundance channel to see what was on but I couldn’t find it. I searched “All channels”, “All unsubscribed” and “All subscribed” with no luck. I even Googled the channel number (126) and it ain’t there. AMC isn’t in the guide either.

What gives, did I miss something? I didn’t see a thread concerning anything.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Both channels are in my guide. 126 and 131 i believe but they are both there for me.
They should be there in your guide.

"The deal will see continued carriage of AMC’s linear channels AMC, BBC America, IFC, SundanceTV, WE tv and BBC World News on Dish and Sling.
In addition, the deal provides for AMC’s niche streaming offerings Acorn TV, Shudder, Sundance Now and Urban Movie Channel to be offered to Sling and Dish subscribers in the coming months. AMC Networks’ ad-free offering AMC Premiere, and its IFC Films Unlimited streaming service, will also be offered to Dish and Sling subscribers".

Reactions: harshness
Press Home three times then the number 3 button. This will show you which satellites you are seeing. EA should show 61.5 and 72. WA is 110, 119 and 129.

Are you missing any other channels?

A power cord reboot might help.

Reactions: pattykay
I got my Hopper 3 installed yesterday and I tried to find the Sundance channel to see what was on but I couldn’t find it. I searched “All channels”, “All unsubscribed” and “All subscribed” with no luck. I even Googled the channel number (126) and it ain’t there. AMC isn’t in the guide either.

What gives, did I miss something? I didn’t see a thread concerning anything.
Are you on Eastern Arc? Those channels won't show up unless you actually subscribe to them, because they are HD-only on Eastern Arc. What programming package do you have? Sundance was in an extended free preview, but that ended earlier this week. So, that may be why you are no longer seeing it.

Are you on Eastern Arc? Those channels won't show up unless you actually subscribe to them, because they are HD-only on Eastern Arc. What programming package do you have? Sundance was in an extended free preview, but that ended earlier this week. So, that may be why you are no longer seeing it.

That would explain part of it. On Tuesday, we got the Hopper 3 installed and they put in an EA dish. But, unless I can't see one of the satellites they should still show up in "All Channels".

When i get home tonight I will try the home button 3 times and number 3.

i have the welcome pack, so I am not sure if any other channels are missing from the guide. All of the free previews during the cootie bug shutdown were pretty nice, but I still have my Firestick if I cant find anything to watch on Dish.

There are some funky things going on with the guide. Dish is advertising Newsmax on ch 216 but ch 216 does not appear under "All Channels" in the guide.

All channels-1.jpg

Are AMC and Sundance included in the Welcome Pack?
No. Sundance was an extended free preview (actually a couple of separate extended free previews, with a small gap between them) so that would be why bigbyrd4 was getting that until recently. AMC used to be included in Welcome Pack before Dish's big dispute with AMC in 2012. After those channels came back, and everything finally settled out with those extended free previews, AMC was eventually removed from Welcome Pack as part of that contract. AMC has not returned to Welcome Pack since then. If bigbyrd4 had still been receiving AMC as part of Welcome Pack until recently, then it was either a case of grandfathering, or it was a mistake that Dish did not catch at the time when AMC was removed from other Welcome Pack subscribers. It is possible that AMC somehow got "stuck" as being authorized on bigbyrd4's old receiver, and Dish may not have even been aware that it was still receiving AMC. (I had that happen with some other channels on one of my receivers around the time of the AMC dispute.) So, my guess is that the upgrade to a Hopper 3 finally "refreshed" the programming authorized on bigbyrd4's account, and removed AMC. Coincidentally, this happened at around the same time that the Sundance free preview ended.

There are some funky things going on with the guide. Dish is advertising Newsmax on ch 216 but ch 216 does not appear under "All Channels" in the guide.
I confirmed on my Eastern Arc receiver (I have both Eastern and Western Arc dishes hooked up to different receivers) that both channel 216 (Newsmax) and channel 126 (Sundance) do not show up in the guide on the All Channels list when you do not subscribe to them. I do see channel 131 AMC (in standard-def) in green in the guide, but I am not sure which satellite it is pulling that from. My Eastern Arc dish is actually a mixed-arc setup, with the complete Eastern Arc (61.5 / 72 / 77) plus a cable from the 129 LNB (on a separate dish) connected to the LNB input on my Eastern Arc dish. So, I am guessing that the SD feed of AMC is on 77, which bigbyrd4 does not have. The HD feed would not show up in the guide at all, unless you actually subscribe to the channel.

I was only seeing Sundance during the free preview. i have not had AMC since we went to Welcome pack 6 years ago.

The only reason I was looking for Sundance on the guide was so i could add it to a favorites list i was creating. The guide on these hoppers shows too many BS channels that I would never in a million years watch, hence the need for a favorites list. I will have to keep a look out for the next free preview.

Thanks for the info, folks.

I was only seeing Sundance during the free preview. i have not had AMC since we went to Welcome pack 6 years ago.

The only reason I was looking for Sundance on the guide was so i could add it to a favorites list i was creating. The guide on these hoppers shows too many BS channels that I would never in a million years watch, hence the need for a favorites list. I will have to keep a look out for the next free preview.

Thanks for the info, folks.
I will let you know when the next preview starts. I maintain the sticky Free Previews lists each month. (At least, they are supposed to be sticky.) ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)