What happened to being the HD leader?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
But some of us...or I should just say I am happy with there HD lineup. Would I like a few more sure, but if they added premiums, it would not make a difference for me. When they have a "free preview" weekend, it reafirms each time why I dont subscribe to them.

But I also agree on the sports pack posts as well. I enjoy sports but dont subscribe to that as well. The 12 dollars for the few channels they have is not worth it to me.

I Know your not flaming.:)
So Why doesn't D* have Travel HD?
But If I was a Premium subscriber, I would want as much of them in HD as possible since I'm paying good money for it. I'd rather enjoy 2 or 3 more HD Premiums then 30 PPV's

i rather have the option to premiums than having a bunch of PPV's I'll probably never purchase from. Travel HD is one I've been wanting bad since I signed up with D and I still have no idea why this freaking channel isn't in our HD lineup!:mad:

i rather have the option to premiums than having a bunch of PPV's I'll probably never purchase from. Travel HD is one I've been wanting bad since I signed up with D and I still have no idea why this freaking channel isn't in our HD lineup!:mad:

I guess I would rather have the option for premiums too (for those that want them) than ppv, even though I do not use either very much (other than the Starz that I purchase). If that is what everyone wants, I have no problem with that, since I dont, and wouldnt use them very much no matter which is on:up

Now thats if I only had the choice between THOSE two options. I can think of several channels I want instead:p

I have no premiums right now but might consider adding only the starz pack again.I use Netflix to satisfy my movie cravings ;)

I have no premiums right now but might consider adding only the starz pack again.I use Netflix to satisfy my movie cravings ;)

RIght now, on D* (and others when I look at what they offer), starz is the only one that really holds any value for me. It offers me more, and gives me plenty of HD. There are only so many movies I watch off of sat anyway.

Okay, so I signed onto my account and wrote D* a letter from it. Figured this would make more sense that sending an email from a gmail account. I told them that D* is always proclaiming itself the HD Leader, it even said that on the page I was accessing. I made my point that I am paying them a significant premium for premium movie channels, then another premium for HD access, then another premium for the HD Extra Pack, but despite all of that, I was receiving fewer premium HD movie channels than do subscribers to Verizon FIOS, AT&T U-Verse, and even Dish Network.

That for HD movies overall, D* was no better than 4th, and was well behind the industry leader. Furthermore, I was making sure that potential D* subscribers who read national on-line forums, were aware of this. So if they placed a high value on HD movies, they would know that D*'s offerings were weaker than other providers.

I don't know what the standard canned response is from D*. E* always sent the same letter. But I received a response that my message was being forwarded to management and that I would receive a second response from them. Also that for my trouble, I was going to receive 3 free months of the HD Extra Pack @ $4.99/mon.

I wrote back and thanked them for any consideration on this issue. I also told them that I wasn't looking for a price reduction or free services, all I wanted was access to channels that I'm already paying for. That while I appreciated the offer of the HD Extra Pack (to which I already subscribe), it was unnecessary.

I wanted to make a point that giving me $15 of free programming really meant nothing to me. I want more HBO and Cinemax HD channels.

I think its possible that DirecTV is holding off on adding channels because they want to add the HD versions of other channels that aren't available yet.

Considering the relationship that DirecTv has with NBC/Universal, I feel pretty sure they will want to add Chiller HD when it becomes available. There are probably others that I haven't heard about that they are waiting on as well, not wanting to max out their system until they have added HD channels from some of their "most favored" providers, you might say.

This is just a theory, but one that seems plausible and I have not seen mentioned before.

I think its possible that DirecTV is holding off on adding channels because they want to add the HD versions of other channels that aren't available yet.
I was thinking the same. Most of the latest HD adds are of channels that just went HD (ESPN News, MLB, Comedy Channel, Crime and Investigation, ex). The only new add that had been HD for a little while was FNC. I am thinking they may have deals already in place to carry certain channels once they come on line.

I wonder if the fact that D* does not yet carry Travel in HD has anything to do with COX wanting them to also carry Cox Sports Television like E* does? This could easily be a non factor but the two main providers that do carry Travel in HD here in South Louisiana (Cox , Dish) both carry CST.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts