What Happened To Commercial Skip ?

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
What happened to the commercial jump feature on the prime time shows? It appears to be gone on many shows even after waiting a day to view them.

For some you have to wait days longer now for Autohop to work. It was part of new contracts.

How about the many other shows on the other networks that should, but do not give you the option to autohop? Do not ask me which ones, after I watched them with 30 second skip, I deleted them.

There are certain shows, such as the news, that will not have autohop at all. Then there are certain shows, that will have 1 or 2 episodes per season not autohop... Gotham was notorious for that. We would need to know a few things, how often does this happen, what shows specifically, and what channels are they from. Just to make it a little easier, whT DMa are you in as well.

Philly locals FWIW. It was just a general question as I notice many of the shows are not on Autohop a day after like they used to be. It was a big hype with the sales people when selling the service. Just wondered why it was not like it used to be.

Philly locals FWIW. It was just a general question as I notice many of the shows are not on Autohop a day after like they used to be. It was a big hype with the sales people when selling the service. Just wondered why it was not like it used to be.
ABC and CBS have both signed new contracts where autohop was negotiated out. NBC and FOX will probably negotiate new rules as there contracts expire.

Does the remote still allow +30 sec and -10 sec jumps?

I really dislike the fact that autohop was negotiated out, ok, ok, delayed. Yes, I know I can use the remote. And I can record stuff and fast forward. Was autohop was developed to use as a negotiating tool with the networks? Me thinks so....but I believe in the second gun, aliens running the UN and the Tri-lateral commission.

It was also used as a tool to sell Dish subscriptions and Hoppers. I bet we can't renegotiate our contracts.

Reactions: huskerhead
It was also used as a tool to sell Dish subscriptions and Hoppers. I bet we can't renegotiate our contracts.
At the end of your contract you can do what dish did. Tell them you want to renegotiate it, and if hey don't meet your terms that you feel is satisfying, you can drop them. Just like they dropped CBS until they could come to terms.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That's what I did and got me some big money off of my bill for the next year: $65.00 off for 12 months. The subscriber is always in the driver seat ,if he is out of contract and wants to cancel. Make them earn your business back or at least keep you from cancelling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts