What happened to CTV, that Canadian satellite That moved a few months ago.

Viking D

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
NE WA
Does any body know what happened to CTV , it comes in with a good signal but black screen. Is it done for good or did it move again?
119 degrees?

Reactions: c-spand
They seem to be scrambled, $, I can't make them come in. Blind scan got shopping and a
Chicago station.
looks like maybe you're not on 119W C-Band. I don't think there's any shopping channel there. Can you give more information about what you are receiving? like channel names and frequencies?

If you got scrambled stuff on 4020 then you're on the wrong sat. I don't see any Chicago stations on 119W C-band either.

If you got scrambled stuff on 4020 then you're on the wrong sat. I don't see any Chicago stations on 119W C-band either.
Ok, the TP is 4148 and 13750, and 127 degrees,I did a blind scan. This gets the Chicago station Its just a test pattern that says Chicago.
But it also has the 9 stations at 98%98% with them being blank. On a direct scan all 9 stations have a $ sign like they are scrambled.
I must be on the wrong sat, but my scan is 4019/V/30002. Close enough? Maybe have to change that, This has been working for a few years, even when they switched sats from like 107 to 119.
What is the name of the sat at 119, I will go to lyngsat and try to figure this out.
I need to see if this sat is programed in my Lynkbox, sorry I'm so lost, thank you for your help.