Status
Please reply by conversation.

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
My dad just got an HDTV and I was calling to try and get him a hook-up on the HD TiVo and the retention nuber has been disconnected!!!

Rep said 599.00 w/$200 MIR + $49 installation + $14.95 S&H

I said for $460 why should I not call my cable company and get 4 rooms installed for free with an HD DVR and no mirror fees and free HBO for $49.90/mo for a whole year ... dead air.

Please tell me retention is not dead at DirecTV ... I would actually switch my dad, it is better for him.

why don't you just ask to be put on the waiting list for the h20? You can get it supposedly for $200.
"HD TiVo owners who live in other parts of the US can either wait a little longer for the same deal or purchase the HR20 for only $99 smackers. Brand new customers will pay approximately $200 for the device and will get a significant mail-in rebate, according to DirecTV. "
this is from
http://gear.ign.com/articles/679/679224p1.html

Great news

I think its great that it will be free of charge to most current owners of the hr10.The funny thing to me is i just got a hr10 and a r-15 and it looks as though the R-15 and the hr20 looks exactly the same.Personally so far after only having the receivers 3 days i like the way the hr10 feel and works over the r-15.The only fault so far i find with teh hr10 is the slow slow program guild.The r-15 has the same remote as standard recievers and will say the remote itself looks better than the hr10.Overall for the dvr capabilities I'm liking the hr10 much more.I would love to get everyones feelings on both recievers.P.S. i think the coolest thing about the r-15 is its better design than the hr10 and the hynotizing blue circle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts