What happened to DIY

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dishman-n-nc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Eastern NC
I just noticed I'm no longer getting the DIY channel. I subscribe to the Top 120 and had been watching it alot the past couple of weeks. Now its listed in the Top 200. Anyone know why?

It was on free preview and its not part of the top 200. I have the top 200 and DIY was on free preview for that package also.

I would have to guess it was in free preview.Dish runs free views of certain channels sometimes a month at a time.I know that SMC is in free preview now.Channel 386 I think it is.

Sry. I have Top 200 not 120. I was thinking free preview. Wow, sad to see it go. Was some good programming but not enough for me to up my package. Tks for the quick replies guys.

Con game my ass! You get to see something for free for a time and then it goes away. If you really want what they gave you for free for that time it is time to pay the piper. Nobody is forcing you to pay for a higher package...

Makes no sense to complain about where channels are placed. It's not always Dish's fault. If there are going to be channel packages then some channels have to be left out. It's best to know all the details before complaining.

Any proof it's not dish's fault? I'd love to know the details, but unfortunately I bet I wouldn't get the truth from these sat co's if I asked.
It doesn't matter if it's Dish' "fault". It's their right to put whatever channels they want in whatever packages they want. If they put everything in the lowest package, nobody would subscribe to the more expensive package.

Now, if they suddenly started pulling channels from the lower packages, trying to get people to upgrade, that's a different story. But, in this case, they were giving something for free to subscribers of the lower packages. Those subscribers should be grateful for the time they got to watch it for free, as opposed to complaining like whiny little babies.

Listen here bobby, I ain't complaining about it being free and then being pulled! I am complaining about the little cherry picking they have with putting certain channels in the top 250....Maybe we should put diy network in the everything package!

Rant invalid since Everything Pack is Top 250 + Cinemax, Showtime, Starz and HBO so that wouldn't work unless DIY gets absorbed by one of those 4 premiums.

or Haller! Thinking about it, I'll bet they're all related! :D

If you want to insult me that's up to you....But anyways, my rant is lost on quite a few here. Who's it going to hurt if they offer it a la carte? Diy network is only hurting themselves if they won't offer it any other way.

DIY is also in the $57.99/month Dish Latino Max (SD & HD) and the $24.99/month Smart Pack (SD only).

It doesn't matter if it's Dish' "fault". It's their right to put whatever channels they want in whatever packages they want. If they put everything in the lowest package, nobody would subscribe to the more expensive package.

Now, if they suddenly started pulling channels from the lower packages, trying to get people to upgrade, that's a different story. But, in this case, they were giving something for free to subscribers of the lower packages. Those subscribers should be grateful for the time they got to watch it for free, as opposed to complaining like whiny little babies.

You just proved my point. Why have cheaper packages then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)