What happened to Food Network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cherk543

Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
The channel looks like SD with the black bars. Cooking Channel looks the same. The rest of my channels look great.

Yeah, they're hosed pretty bad. Letterboxed AND poor SD.

And I'm on EA too.

SCOTT- Whatcha drinkin'?

;)
:oldwink

I was just watching a Dukes of Hazzard Commercial and it looked fine

But now I change the channel back to it, and now I see what your seeing, its letterboxed, and fast motion looks strange.

Last edited:
Ok looking at it on DIRECTV, it looks the same as it does on dish...

Letterboxes blurry and fast motion issues.

Looks like its a issue with the channel.

Hmm Food, Cooking Channel, HDTV, DIY and Travel Channel all look bad like this. And they look the same on DISH and DIRECTV.

Looks like a provider issue.

The channel looks like SD with the black bars. Cooking Channel looks the same. The rest of my channels look great.

Mine is messed up too. Even the recorded show is messed up. Looks really strange. I tried all sorts of settings on the box and the TV and nothing is changing it.

I have several channels super "letterboxed" looking.

Fixed. See what happens when I type too fast in the dark? :D

What did you do to fix yours? I'm not typing in the dark, but, the wife is not happy!

Thanks!

I was just watching a Dukes of Hazzard Commercial and it looked fine

But now I change the channel back to it, and now I see what your seeing, its letterboxed, and fast motion looks strange.

I just looked at Food Network and Cooking and now HGTV, and the commercials are no better than the show content. Something is certainly wrong with the signal.

WTF Food Network and Cooking Channel looks letterboxed, I'm spoiled but I want it back how it was, kind of looks SD.
It's also on HGTV and DIY.
And Travel Channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)