What happened to HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

birkoff

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
HD channels use to be in a letterbox format on my TV ('normal' format), but
now it looks like I have a 'stretched' screen (either that or football players got
15% taller in one week....steroids?). I can't seem to format the HD channels
so they 'look right', even when I try partial zoom, stretch, partial zoom, and
gray bar.

Did dish change the format standards. Did they reduce HD?

Hit the format button on your remote. On mine is the "*" button in the lower left corner.

If you did this already I apologize. There is no change on my Dish HD.

Also it never hurts to pull the plug on the receiver for a few seconds to reset it.

Sounds like you have a 4x3 HDTV set like I do. Check the output resolution of the box and make sure it hasn't defaulted back to 480.

I'm so stupid. So I unplugged the box, let it re-set. Then the TV came on and it said Video 3....which means it was on the 'standard' display
video input. So I moved the Sony up to Video 5 input and it was the HD format. I'm just an old man who forgets how to control all the
technology. Have I told any of you how you can buy channel contact cleaner and spray it into the channel selector so you have good
contacts? If that doesn't work, you can giggle the selector switch and get a good picture.

Have I told any of you how you can buy channel contact cleaner and spray it into the channel selector so you have good
contacts? If that doesn't work, you can giggle the selector switch and get a good picture.

...Are you speaking English? :p

Oh yeah. I impressed some folks with that "trick." Too bad they were my folks, who promptly decided they didn't need to buy a new TV after all. It was a few more years before we moved to "color." :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)