What happens to DishHD Absolute after Feburuary 1st?

airwalker82

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Anyone know what will happen to us DishHD Absolute Customers after February 1st? What programing will we move into under the new scheme? What will the charges be?
Anyone receive any sort of communication about this? My hope is we will just be left alone, but I doubt that will happen.

Anyone know what will happen to us DishHD Absolute Customers after February 1st? What programing will we move into under the new scheme? What will the charges be?
Anyone receive any sort of communication about this? My hope is we will just be left alone, but I doubt that will happen.

nothing,but no new channels,ps if you have premiums you will get them only:mad:

This is a copy of my online communication with Dishnetwork on January 21st:

You have been connected to (23-12-3) Lynn M..
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: Thank you for choosing Dish Network, the leader in HD and DVR services. This is Lynn, Operator ID 8JN. I'd be happy to help you with any questions or concerns today. Can I please have the name and zip code on your account?
Robert Meyer: Robert C. Meyer xip code 87507-4814
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: Thank you. And how may I assist you today?
Robert Meyer: I currently have HD Absolute programming. Is this available on an annual basis?
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: I can advise you on that. HD Absolute is no longer offered, and there is no annual version.
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: Also, I do have to advise you that any new HD channels will not be available on the Absolute.
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: You would have the option to go to Turbo HD Bronze, Silver or Gold after 2/1.
Robert Meyer: Thanks. How long will I be able to keep this package? I understand you will soon be raising prices.
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: Correct, after 2/1. The Absolute is grandfathered; you can keep it, but if you remove it' it's gone forever.
Robert Meyer: Okay, Thanks

sweet... until they add FX, SPEED, Comedy Central, BBC America and maybe a few others I can continue to enjoy a price i'm happy with and a package I'm mostly happy with.

If you switch to one of the new packages like Turbo HD Bronze, does that extend your contract? My contract has been up for almost a year, still waiting for FIOS TV to officially lauch in town.

This is a copy of my online communication with Dishnetwork on January 21st:

You have been connected to (23-12-3) Lynn M..
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: Thank you for choosing Dish Network, the leader in HD and DVR services. This is Lynn, Operator ID 8JN. I'd be happy to help you with any questions or concerns today. Can I please have the name and zip code on your account?
Robert Meyer: Robert C. Meyer xip code 87507-4814
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: Thank you. And how may I assist you today?
Robert Meyer: I currently have HD Absolute programming. Is this available on an annual basis?
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: I can advise you on that. HD Absolute is no longer offered, and there is no annual version.
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: Also, I do have to advise you that any new HD channels will not be available on the Absolute.
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: You would have the option to go to Turbo HD Bronze, Silver or Gold after 2/1.
Robert Meyer: Thanks. How long will I be able to keep this package? I understand you will soon be raising prices.
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: Correct, after 2/1. The Absolute is grandfathered; you can keep it, but if you remove it' it's gone forever.
Robert Meyer: Okay, Thanks

SWEET!
This is very good to know. I don't think there will be much added as far as HD goes that I care about for a while. I'm just happy to keep the channels I currently have at the $40 a month I'm paying. You can't beat that!

I have HD absolute but when I look at my programming online at dish it lists me as having AT200, with Silver HD and Platinum HD. No mention at all of absolute. Would this mean if something is added to the Silver HD or Platinum HD tiers I would get it?

Any thoughts?

I have HD absolute but when I look at my programming online at dish it lists me as having AT200, with Silver HD and Platinum HD. No mention at all of absolute. Would this mean if something is added to the Silver HD or Platinum HD tiers I would get it?

Any thoughts?
I've had Absolute since last february, and just checked on E*'s site, and it still says I have dishHD Absolute. I'm thinking you dont actually have Absolute, else they're converting Absolute customers, and havent gotten to me yet.

Nice. I'm very happy with the amount of HD channels I get now. Nothing else really interests me out there right now. Hell... I don't even watch most of them now.

Any thoughts?
How much do you pay per month ?

I'm sticking with what I have.

Right now I pay $56.56 per month for:
HD Absolute
HBO Premium channels (all in HD)
SD Locals (appt. set for wing dish install for HD locals).

I have a VIP 722 receiver with a game adapter attached to avoid the $5 per month penalty of not having a phone/LAN cable attached. I can't remember if there's any other fees for stuff like DVR advantage that affect my bill.

If I did anything to change to TurboHD and keep all the current HD channels I have (mainly all the ones currently in the Gold & Platinum packages) under the new pricing structure my bill would shoot from $56 to $81 per month. That's a big difference.

Just checked Feb's bill online and the amount my card will be debited on 2/1 hasn't changed from what its always been. I guess I'll be like the rest of you guys and keep absolute until Dish adds more HD..who knows when that'll be...:rolleyes:

I'm sticking with what I have.

Right now I pay $56.56 per month for:
HD Absolute
HBO Premium channels (all in HD)
SD Locals (appt. set for wing dish install for HD locals).

I have a VIP 722 receiver with a game adapter attached to avoid the $5 per month penalty of not having a phone/LAN cable attached. I can't remember if there's any other fees for stuff like DVR advantage that affect my bill.

If I did anything to change to TurboHD and keep all the current HD channels I have (mainly all the ones currently in the Gold & Platinum packages) under the new pricing structure my bill would shoot from $56 to $81 per month. That's a big difference.

Bobby, What do you mean by a "game adapter"? I want to avoid the $5 fee but am not running Cat 5 cable to my receiver. Dish seriously needs to come out with a Wifi enabled receiver.

How much do you pay per month ?

Um, I think 74 ish. I have AT200, what was once called Absolute HD or HD absolute, locals cinemax for a penny... and some other stuff. I think I have been with them about a year or so. I really dont remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)