Status
Please reply by conversation.

teddyballgame

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Southeast Massachusetts.
Hello,
I signed up with Directv last year 6 months ago with the Choice Xtra package with lots of new customer credits for 12 months and then some credits on the Genie for 12-24 months. What happens to the credits if I change packages from Choice Xtra to Choice level? Would Directv cancel all of my new customer and 24 month credits and leave me paying full price without any credits? Or would I be home free enjoying a less expensive "Choice" package with all of the new customer offer still being credited? Thanks!
ted-

Hello,
I signed up with Directv last year 6 months ago with the Choice Xtra package with lots of new customer credits for 12 months and then some credits on the Genie for 12-24 months. What happens to the credits if I change packages from Choice Xtra to Choice level? Would Directv cancel all of my new customer and 24 month credits and leave me paying full price without any credits? Or would I be home free enjoying a less expensive "Choice" package with all of the new customer offer still being credited? Thanks!
ted-

Have you looked at the difference in channels and money ?
Looks like it's only about $6 p/m difference, is that a big enough difference to make changing and losing channels over ?

Some people it would be, others not, each situation is different.

Some credits do require a min package, but you will have to call Directv and ask. They should be able to answer that easily. Some credits are good with Entertainment up, others may require Xtra or even Ultimate depending on what was running when you signed up.

6 months ago would be September
another member signed up then and the promo was such (see link)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...ck-quot-(2012)-Question?p=3110876#post3110876

so it looks like dropping from Xtra to Choice should keep the same credits for the base package.....but again just verify with Directv before making changes

attachment.php

Hello,
ted-
Your Rebates will be fine!
I've went from Premier when I started , dropped to Ultimate, on my 3rd month, Dropped again to Choice Extra my 7 th month, Now went to Entertainment pack on my 10th month and everything is fine.

Directv requirement is only $29.99 bacepack, and If you have DVRs and HD you must maintain thoses services as well.

The Free NFL ST required Choice extra durring my promo, It didn't say anything about the rebates.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)