What Happens When You Cancel Dish?

If they charge me to ship the receivers back, I will be so ticked. They will have a fight on their hands!! The whole reason for me dropping them is because my service is barely usable now with the UI upgrade and they want me to pay to get new hardware. Give me my old software back or upgrade me to an H3 and I'm a happy camper.

Which part of his post is incorrect? It's my understanding that they send you a prepaid shipping box, then charge you on your bill to pay for it.

In context, like what muttonhead said, the bottom line is that there is a charge to ship your receivers back on cancellation and he is going to be upset...

the bottom line is that there is a charge to ship your receivers back on cancellation and he is going to be upset...

I agree. I just didn't see why Juan felt the need to quote and correct ncted's post when it was factually correct. Juan could have just as easily stated that DISH charges for returned equipment, without quoting ncted at all.

The word "on the street" and by personal experience by people who posted here what happened when they canceled Dish is that Dish charges shipping when you LEAVE/Cancel Dish. Charlie seems determined for the door to hit ya on the way out, as usual. Of course, if a customer is RMA a box, etc., then Dish pays the shipping if one has the Protection Plan, and if you don't have Protection Plan, you're expected to pay for shipping, but they may wave the shipping charge, but only after raising some hell about.

Perhaps I didn’t have to pay because I had the protection plan? It has been a few years though. Directv charged me $30 when I cancelled in September.

It is $15 for each label used. I believe you can still skip the fee by using your own shipping. The label is prepaid, meaning when you take it to UPS, you do not have to pay UPS, but Dish will add their expense of it($15) on your bill.

It is $15 for each label used. I believe you can still skip the fee by using your own shipping. The label is prepaid, meaning when you take it to UPS, you do not have to pay UPS, but Dish will add their expense of it($15) on your bill.
yep, so as has been mentioned before, cut back to one receiver before cancelling. Dish will pay for those receivers to be returned.

Perhaps I didn’t have to pay because I had the protection plan? It has been a few years though. Directv charged me $30 when I cancelled in September.
I seem to remember another poster in a different thread suggesting that having the protection plan might make the difference in not having to pay the shipping cost when you return equipment upon cancellation of service, but I'm not sure. I think you should probably take other posters advice about this matter.

Yea you can use your own label

If you have multiple boxes you can put everything in 1 big box and use dish networks label to save money.

Also if there was a way to use the tracking number on the label and put it on a regular ups label you’d likely to avoid the fees.

I don’t think Dish audits on the tracking number, but rather if it’s a yellow ARS label attached to the outside of the box when they process the return.

You could even send the box to dish and just have the shipping charges billed to receiver and dish would likely never catch it.

As far as the LNB and remotes, it’s a non serialized item. As long as there is a remote or LNB in the box it’s considered returned. If you have a dp44 switch they have no way of tracking the satellite configuration on the account level.

Reactions: littlecloud319

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)