What HD channel would you get rid of if you had to?

Man, you guys are missing some great movies on Fu. Granted the Hong Kong type stuff is horrible, but they are also showing some tremendous Japanese classics. Stuff like Ran, Rashomon, Onibaba, the Zatoichi flicks.
If espnHD dissappeared I would not even notice it.

rthomp03 said:
My choice would be TNT-HD. Do they have any original HD programming on it? All I've ever seen is up-converted movies with commercials! Ughhhh. :rolleyes:
Apparently you dont watch it much. The Closer and Wanted were great shows. And almost all of the L&O reruns are HD, not upconverts.

StevenD said:
Apparently you dont watch it much. The Closer and Wanted were great shows. And almost all of the L&O reruns are HD, not upconverts.

I'm not that big on dramas, though (other than Lost). I'm more of a sports and comedy type guy. But I didn't expect everyone here to agree on one station.

TNT-HD has not done anything as far as I can tell. I have yet to see anything on this channel that I would consider HD--it all been upconverts so far--but I've only been with Dish a short time.

I have a hard time believing that each and every Voom channel is chock full of riveting content for its given subject and not rife with repeated material. I would think you could make some smart combinations such as Majestic/Guy/Monsters, or Rave/Rush/Animania and give us a "Monsters night on VoomMGM" or "VoomSlacker presents the Friday Night Rave".

With the 622 DVR prehaps becoming the standard 1st HD receiver, you could easily timeshift your favorites to your own schedule--perhaps even make that the draw for the upgrade

-sc

I wouldn't drop TNTHD.....there are too many good shows on that ch. Some of the movies are in true HD and they look really good on my set. The basketball looks good to. I would drop Ultra.....it's a waste. I never watch it.

I'd keep TNT-HD at least during the second half of the NASCAR season since that is where NBC dumps the races they don't want but has by contract...at least its only for 1 more year.

I'd drop Ultra, Gameplay, and the demo channel in a heartbeat. I would have said Gallery too a few weeks ago but I found myself enjoying a few of the shows lately. I never gave it a chance before. I NEED RAVE and Animania! I'd also drop about 170 of the SD channels in my AT180 pak for a couple more HD ones and the ability to choose a few of my family's SD "gotta haves" a'la carte. I can take or leave the movie channels, I prefer the viewing flexibility of DVD for movies anyway.

HD channels to drop:

ULTRA
NEWS/WEATHER
KUNG FU
GAMEPLAY
DEMO

Add:
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC HD
WEALTH HD
STARZ HD

bookwalk said:
HD channels to drop:
ULTRA
NEWS/WEATHER
KUNG FU
GAMEPLAY
DEMO
Where are these channels? Other than Ultra on Voom, I've never seen them, nor do I see any reference to them in the programming guides at Dish.

-sc

rthomp03 said:
My choice would be TNT-HD. Do they have any original HD programming on it? All I've ever seen is up-converted movies with commercials! Ughhhh. :rolleyes:

I have the feeling the Stephen Spielburg series was going to be in real HD. One thing that made me want TNT-HD BAD when it was being advertised for.
As to what Tom said coughANIMEcough. New Anime is being done in HD in Japan and downgraded when it reaches shores here. Personally I would LOVE to see some Miyazaki movies presented in real HD on Animania HD. Josh needs to make a deal with Disney and do that as well as present other Anime to fill the channel.

I just want everything HD but if I need to the "must go" channels would be:
Demo channel or locals. What a waste of bandwidth.
I'll spend all the time needed to do away with all the foolish fed. rules and regs, so if people want the old OTA networks they could just subscribe to a E/W feed.
What are locals for nowadays anyway? Is your desire to see the yocal news in HD that great? Heck NBC's got most things cycling through thier "cable" nets already as well as ABC. Soon the market will move to more UHD, USA, Family Channel and other composite like programming outlets- I hope.

Demo channel (I hate looking at everything else after seeing the picture of the fish), Gameplay (new), NFL, NBA, Special Events (nothing there anyways), Locals (look better OTA)

Really want National Geographic and premium movie channels (Starz! and Cinemax)

rthomp03 said:
Into the West.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)