What HD channels does Dish NOT have?

Let them install the Dish 1000, but keep the Dish 500 pointing at 61.5. That will give you the most flexibility. FWIW, the Dish 1000 alone works well in OKC.

What really strikes me as strange is that PBS-HD (a product of the only subscriber/public supported national network that solicits direct funding from viewers) is not available on Dish. I guess we should only support it "partially," nes pas? Whereas, I can get it on my local cable company.

Local decision

What really strikes me as strange is that PBS-HD (a product of the only subscriber/public supported national network that solicits direct funding from viewers) is not available on Dish. I guess we should only support it "partially," nes pas? Whereas, I can get it on my local cable company.

This was a local decision between your local cable co and local PBS station. PBS HD is distributed this way to be able to "help" local stations in their market. I have worked for 2 PBS stations that carried the HD as well as an SD ch. 1 location also did the distribution to the local cable just like your does + OTA. For E* to do this then there would have to be a national agreement signed between the 2 and all the local PBS's would have to agree w/it. Since PBS is not as well organized net as say CBS it would probably be harder to achieve.

well, i'll do my best with the installer tomorrow...hopefully, it won't be a big deal and he'll know just what i'm talking about when i say, "can you leave the 500 pointed to 61.5 and point the 1000 at 110 and 119". :)

i'm still not exactly clear on how to hook 4 cables from 2 dishes into 2 inputs on the back of 1 receiver...lol...but then again, i'm not the one installing it, so it doesn't matter if i don't know...i just hope he does.

Well most of the channels Dish does not have in HD almost no one else does either. But even without the channels listed above Dish still has more HD than anyone else.. So its simple if you want HD Dish is the way to go for sure.

INHD, MHD, and Cinemax HD are pretty widely distributed among cable companies.

A&E HD and TMC HD are less distributed.

Outdoor Channel 2 HD and WealthTV HD aren't carried by any MSO of any significance.

Dpp 44

well, i'll do my best with the installer tomorrow...hopefully, it won't be a big deal and he'll know just what i'm talking about when i say, "can you leave the 500 pointed to 61.5 and point the 1000 at 110 and 119". :)

i'm still not exactly clear on how to hook 4 cables from 2 dishes into 2 inputs on the back of 1 receiver...lol...but then again, i'm not the one installing it, so it doesn't matter if i don't know...i just hope he does.
The DPP44 is the best way to go hook up all 4 of the D1000 LNB's & the 61.5 On either a D500 w/LNB or a D300. The ports on the DPP44 should be 110/119/61.5/129 in that order. 110/119 can be switched and not matter I think but the 129 has to be in the last port from what I understand so the 61.5 will be the dominant bird. The DPP44 will take 4 in and up to 4 receivers out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts