What HD Channels Doesn't D* Carry?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok, I have both dish and direc tv. Im loyal to both! Long time dish subscriber.

Voom when dish picked it up was incredible. Equator channel was one of the best hd channels out there.

However those of you on the other side who would like to have those voom channels, think again.

I have grown very dissapointed with them. Content especialy on Monster channel is repetative to the point of boredom.

Most voom channel programming is repeated. Its like someone is asleep at the wheel.

Just my oppinion, those voom channels seem to be on their last leg. Who wants to watch old Canadian football games from 07???

Dont get me wrong, I loved voom channels but right now they are going down hill fast.

I personally like chiller channel better on direc tv.

I agree with you. VOOM was a great carry for Dish when they were searching for ANY available HD programing to fill their capacity. That's no longer the case. If I was still with Dish I would happily trade all of VOOM for the SciFi channel. VOOM may still have a future in a trimmed down version. I know it has it's supporters and I'm not saying what I think Dish should do about VOOM, but as far as DTV is concerned I don't think they should pick VOOM up unless it improves drastically or is offered in a reduced quantity of channels, 3 at the most and ONLY if DTV displayed at full resolution. (I agree about Equator.)

I agree with you. VOOM was a great carry for Dish when they were searching for ANY available HD programing to fill their capacity. That's no longer the case. If I was still with Dish I would happily trade all of VOOM for the SciFi channel. VOOM may still have a future in a trimmed down version. I know it has it's supporters and I'm not saying what I think Dish should do about VOOM, but as far as DTV is concerned I don't think they should pick VOOM up unless it improves drastically or is offered in a reduced quantity of channels, 3 at the most and ONLY if DTV displayed at full resolution. (I agree about Equator.)

+1
ex-voomer
Dam Thats a Bad Post Number

Probably most importantly, they are still behind competiting cable and broadband tv providers in many markets with offering hd local networks, which is what viewers watch most.

Why Scott puts up with you is beyond me. Yet another D thread that you try to hijack? It's a damn shame that you feel that you have to piss on everyone's parrade. I almost feel sorry for you. You're such a sad little troll.

Last edited:
Probably most importantly, they are still behind competiting cable and broadband tv providers in many markets with offering hd local networks, which is what viewers watch most.

What's funny is everyone over in the E* forum is bitching because E* is not adding National HD, instead they are adding HD Locals. Most already get there HD locals via OTA. The polls over there say that Most would give up having there HD lil added for now in order to get more national hd. Those numbers and what's happening over in the E* forum directly contradicts what you are saying.

There was a customer survey that DirecTV did a LONG TIME ago (and he/she knows that), before LiL was hot; and most current and likely customers at that time said they having locals was an important factor. But that was a LONG TIME ago and prefs are likely switching.

The Voom channels just are not worth it IMO as far as keeping me as a customer. Now for the $5 a month they are a good deal if you like the Monsters/Kung Fu stuff.

Some of the foreign films are good to catch once in a while but I watch maybe 5-6 of them the entire year.

Rave is great...for the first month, then its nothing but the same thing over and over, plus I can catch Soundstage on PBS OTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)