what HD Dish to get

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wonderfred

Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Ontario
I just obtained a new Direct HD DVR receiver with a new card. I want to set it up but can't make up my mind on the dish. I just want most of the HD channels available including Detroit Locals.
Question 1)
So, should I get a new slimline dish or just a 101/110/119 dish?

Question 2)
If my neighbour wants to use a plain non-HD receiver, and if he already has a plain round dish with 1 LNB, should he just point it to 101 and are there enough channels there to satisfy him ?

Thanks

slimeline 3 followup question

Thanks, that helps.

1) Just looking at some on line and I am guessing that I don't use the dish post I already have on my brick wall because the slimeline 3 post is bigger, correct?

2) If my neighbour has a HD receiver, does 101 have some HD channels available and 3) would that work with his HD receiver on a plain dish with a plain LNB?

Thanks again.

The Slimline (and the older AT9) use a 2.0 in. OD mast. Other dishes use a 1.624 in. OD mast. Stabilizing struts (which Directv calls monopoles) are recommended. Some people have reported buying or making adapters to use the older masts.

There is no HD on 101. There was some on 110 and 119 but currently it is all on 99 and 103.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts