What if E* Buys VOOM?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TennVolFan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2004
Suppose we wake up tomorrow and E* has acquired VOOM. What are the issues in integrating VOOM and Dish programming? Do subs have to get new receivers? New dishes? Both? Would VOOM dishes have to be realigned, or would they pick up programming at 61.5? How would E* deal with the fact that subs in the west can't see VOOM's satellite? Maybe, mirror programming at 148?

It seems to me that VOOM is the solution to all of E*'s bandwidth problems in carrying HD. Has anybody heard rumors on a potential acquisition of VOOM by E*?

Finally, who is the most likely acquirer of VOOM's satellite and transponder licenses, D* or E*?

neither... i dont think it will ever be sold. the owner is a smart guy (created HBO) i think he has big plans for VOOM.

i'd have to say if anyone has the balls to acquire VOOM it'll be D*

just my 2 cents.

TennVolFan said:
Suppose we wake up tomorrow and E* has acquired VOOM. What are the issues in integrating VOOM and Dish programming? Do subs have to get new receivers? New dishes? Both? Would VOOM dishes have to be realigned, or would they pick up programming at 61.5? How would E* deal with the fact that subs in the west can't see VOOM's satellite? Maybe, mirror programming at 148?

It seems to me that VOOM is the solution to all of E*'s bandwidth problems in carrying HD. Has anybody heard rumors on a potential acquisition of VOOM by E*?

Finally, who is the most likely acquirer of VOOM's satellite and transponder licenses, D* or E*?

C'mon Volfan, your title suggests that E* actually bought Voom. Maybe you could amend it to say "E* Buys Voom (Fantasy)....

Bobby said:
C'mon Volfan, your title suggests that E* actually bought Voom. Maybe you could amend it to say "E* Buys Voom (Fantasy)....

Yeah, really! I almost blew my coffee all over the place...

TennVolFan said:

What goes through your mind when you decide to use the thread title you chose? Are you trying to get people to read your post by sucking them into the thread? Are you trying to get attention? Is it just simply a lack of consideration of other people? I'll just never understand why some people can't think before they post or just refuse to spend one extra second thinking about the consequences of what they are saying. It's really sad, and unfortunately, it's becoming more common on all the forums.

HD is the future of televisioin as a whole. Him having a lease option and giving consumers programming credits is a step in the right direction. I have seen numerous ads as well. Perhaps they will improve their SD content once they get more subscribers and when they voice the content that they want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)