What if I switch to Direct

Status
Please reply by conversation.

riggscm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Currently I am a unhappy Dish Network guy with no contract commitment to worry about. I am wanting to switch to DirecTV for numerous reasons.

My question is, If I do switch what equipment will Dish want from me?
Certainly any leased equipment, the switch(es), and the actual Dish(s), but will they want to take the mounting bracket on the house? How about the Coax they ran into my basement to feed my receivers?

Lame questions I know, but I'm just curious.

Most likely Dish Net will only want the boxes, they didnt even take the switches, diplexers and they are not allowed to uninstall any coax.

They as do all providers like to leave dishes. Free billboard on the side of your home :), but they will want the LNB from it

When I cancelled they sent me 3 empty UPS boxes to return the receivers with.

Iceberg said:
Unless you own your equipment, then they don't ask for anything :):D

People actually BUY dish equipment? Man when i was with them they wanted like 350.00 for a standard receiver and D* was free equipment. Just jokes Iceberg, it has been noted in the forum that one of the reasons I do not like Dish is because I don't like the hardware. But is has also been noted I feel D* is gonna hoe the same row now that they are in house only.

Here in Texas, the coax cable & Dish are mounted on/in the property. So they cannot remove it, it is yours (it is part of the property). The STB is theirs, if you are renting it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)