what if i want to ad 1 HD tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whiteandnerdy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Western North Carolina
i already have 4 TVs with DISH (1 625 DVR dual tuner and 1 322 dual tuner receiver) with the Top250
if i wanted to add 1 more TV (hi def) could i not just call up dish network and add the GoldHD package for $10/month to the account and add 1 HD DVR??
how much would they charge to add another receiver to the account? or would i have to buy it seperatly and then activate it?

i hope it makes sense what i want to do
thank you

I think the upgrade to the VIP622 and VIP722 is $25 and $50 and extending your contract for 18 months. You need to view another satellite and will need different antenna so doing it yourself will be more complex. Check out "DVR Advantage 250", it might save you some money.

i already have 4 TVs with DISH (1 625 DVR dual tuner and 1 322 dual tuner receiver) with the Top250
if i wanted to add 1 more TV (hi def) could i not just call up dish network and add the GoldHD package for $10/month to the account and add 1 HD DVR??
how much would they charge to add another receiver to the account? or would i have to buy it seperatly and then activate it?

i hope it makes sense what i want to do
thank you

I'm no expert, but I'll give it a shot.

You will most likely have to have a new Dish installed at your house as it is unlikely you're currently pointed at the satellite(s) that contain HD programming.

Depending on your status (how long you;ve been a customer) you will probably be able to "trade" you 322 for a 722 at a cost of ~$75.

right i just want to know if its possible to add the gold HD add on to the account and also add 1 HD DVR and how much per month it would be, it would be the 5th tv on the account

The basic HD add-on to any package is $10. IMO the additional Platinum HD isn't worth another $10. I have no idea how much E* will charge you for a HD DVR receiver. There's the 211, 612, 622, and 722. The cheapest would be the 211 but it isn't a true DVR. You have to add an external hard drive to it and pay a one-time $39 fee for enabling. The 622 and 722 are designed to run one HDTV and one SDTV, although the 622 and 722 can be set to single mode for one HDTV. The 612 is a dual tuner HD DVR receiver for one HDTV. You'll pay a $7 per month lease fee plus a $5.98 DVR fee for the 612, 622, and 722 in addition to the initial upfront cost. Do an online chat with an E* CSR and see how much adding a HD DVR will cost as well as adding the HD you want. E* does have a so-called limit on the number of tuners they will lease (4 iirc). I don't know if they will give you any grief or not. Others have more than 4 leased tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts