What if SatelliteGuys was around in a different time and era?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Sorry if my post on annoying members was such a bad post idea.

I didn't know it would be locked.

I apologize for that. I really mean it.

Anyway,

onto a topic that will fare a lot better:

If SatelliteGuys and The Sports Section was around in different eras, how different do you think we'd be?

Here are some ideas:

Sandra, a big Rangers fan, thinks goalie Henrik Lundgvist is... good-looking. But if this was the late-1970s and the 1980s, she'd probably be interested in former Rangers winger Ron Duguay.

My Sabres were a drastically unlucky playoff team- From 1981 to 1992, they won only two playoff series.

OTOH, the Cavaliers and Indians weren't good in that era, so I can't help but wonder how HD MM would have dealt with those teams in those eras.

Feel free to add on some more ideas and possibilities if TheSportsSection existed in the old days?

If forums existed (and I was old enough), when Potvin broke Ulf Nilsson's leg with his famous cheap shot, I would have worn my fingers to the bone posting about it. If I see the tape of it again, that could happen now.

Sandra

What about when LT broke Theisman's leg? That was gruesome.

Legs get broken in sports, sometimes gruesomely. I'm talking about a cheap shot from a cowardly player that ended a man's career.

Sandra

If forums existed (and I was old enough), when Potvin broke Ulf Nilsson's leg with his famous cheap shot, I would have worn my fingers to the bone posting about it. If I see the tape of it again, that could happen now.

Sandra

I felt the same way when Jamie Macoun broke Pat LaFontaine's jaw, so I know how you feel.

Sorry if my post on annoying members was such a bad post idea.

I didn't know it would be locked.

I apologize for that. I really mean it.

Anyway,

onto a topic that will fare a lot better:

If SatelliteGuys and The Sports Section was around in different eras, how different do you think we'd be?

Here are some ideas:

Sandra, a big Rangers fan, thinks goalie Henrik Lundgvist is... good-looking. But if this was the late-1970s and the 1980s, she'd probably be interested in former Rangers winger Ron Duguay.

My Sabres were a drastically unlucky playoff team- From 1981 to 1992, they won only two playoff series.

OTOH, the Cavaliers and Indians weren't good in that era, so I can't help but wonder how HD MM would have dealt with those teams in those eras.

Feel free to add on some more ideas and possibilities if TheSportsSection existed in the old days?

This forum wouldn't exist in the 70's or 80's because the internet didn't exist back then, duh! ;) :D

It probably would not have very many posts. This site came out at just about the right time with the explosion of satellite. It would have been better if it were to have come out a year earlier but all is good now.

actualy the internet was around in the 80's you could dial into a bbs fourm. imagine seeing satellite guys on a green screen crt??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)