What is an STB Reboot?

hallrk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
I have a 501 DVR. On April 9th I set it to record two events. One at 10 pm and the other at 11 pm. Neither recorded. When I clicked on the program in my scheduled events, the message it gave was that it didn't record due to an STB reboot. What is that? I called DISH and talked to someone in the technical area and well let's just say I might as well have asked my cat what the problem was. The only answer was that if kept happening was that I could get a new DVR from them. They could give me no explanation at all what this was and if it was correctable or if I did something wrong. Apparently their technical people are as knowlegeable as their CSR folks from India. Maybe someone here can help me out?

STB Reboot = Set Top Box Reboot. I.E. just like a computer (which is what the box is), it rebooted due to a problem.

Yep, some of the problems that cause this can range from a power outage to a hard drive problem to a software glitch.

STB Reboot = Set Top Box Reboot. I.E. just like a computer (which is what the box is), it rebooted due to a problem.

Ask the cat too, perhaps it knows something here. Kind of fishy - it was probably home alone with the STB and got bored...

Ask the cat too, perhaps it knows something here. Kind of fishy - it was probably home alone with the STB and got bored...

Nah. He's too lazy to get up and go all the way downstairs to turn on the TV.:)

Thanks to everyone for their help. You were much more helpful than DISH! I just hope the hard drive isn't going bad. So far, I haven't had any more glitches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts