What is an STB Reboot?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hallrk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
I have a 501 DVR. On April 9th I set it to record two events. One at 10 pm and the other at 11 pm. Neither recorded. When I clicked on the program in my scheduled events, the message it gave was that it didn't record due to an STB reboot. What is that? I called DISH and talked to someone in the technical area and well let's just say I might as well have asked my cat what the problem was. The only answer was that if kept happening was that I could get a new DVR from them. They could give me no explanation at all what this was and if it was correctable or if I did something wrong. Apparently their technical people are as knowlegeable as their CSR folks from India. Maybe someone here can help me out?

STB Reboot = Set Top Box Reboot. I.E. just like a computer (which is what the box is), it rebooted due to a problem.

Yep, some of the problems that cause this can range from a power outage to a hard drive problem to a software glitch.

STB Reboot = Set Top Box Reboot. I.E. just like a computer (which is what the box is), it rebooted due to a problem.

Ask the cat too, perhaps it knows something here. Kind of fishy - it was probably home alone with the STB and got bored...

Ask the cat too, perhaps it knows something here. Kind of fishy - it was probably home alone with the STB and got bored...

Nah. He's too lazy to get up and go all the way downstairs to turn on the TV.:)

Thanks to everyone for their help. You were much more helpful than DISH! I just hope the hard drive isn't going bad. So far, I haven't had any more glitches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts