What is best software for Ultra ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

madmadworld

Official TV Watcher
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity
picked up a Ultra used.
what is the best software for 1)stability and 2)blind scan ?
came with 4879 keeper ?
on my AZ Premium have run the same firmware 2880 since day 2 of ownership.
so i'll most likely will never update again.
Thanks alot

I don't think you're going to find a "best" version. I had used the latest version 5020 without any issues however MAZedit didn't seem to work well so I went back to 4991. Unless you are using MAZ, I'd suggest going with the latest version.

how does the Ultra react

thanks mr3p
would not want a new untested over time(few months) software. but it seems like a coin toss,
by all the replys guessing no one likes any of them enough to stay with one lol.
what would i be missing if i stayed with 4879 ?
the Premium will not take a tp if it's anywhere near close to one it already has. how does the Ultra react when this happens when blind scanning ?
thanks for reading and any words of encouragement.

I'm a big believer in if its not broken don't fix it. ;) I think my box shipped with 4001. That being said, diseqc 1.2 functionality had always flakey however was according to release notes was addressed in 4931. I mainly use USALS however the there were a couple of sats that I had tweaked and saved with diseqc 1.2 and it seemed to be working (remembering) so I think they may have gotten it fixed with latest versions. A few people have thought the blindscan was better in later versions although I never personally timed/compared it. I have recently noticed that 4991 missed a few things on blinscan but I haven't taken the time to see if it was specific firmware issue. Once I sort out my sat list issue, I will probably go back to 5020 unless a newer revision is released sooner. you can view the release notes at AZBox Snapshots although we'll probably never know what "minor adjustments" do.

on a somewhat tangential topic, on a different forum it appears they are close to releasing a version of Enigma2 for the Azbox which should be interesting.

So it does appear they have an alpha ver of E2 running on the AZbox. Azbox GUI isn't horrible but E2 does look pretty nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)