What is Direct's cheapest package w/HD and Premiums allowed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Not promo pricing please.

I want to get Showtime's additional HD channels and possibly HBO's also. Other channels are totally unimportant.

Suggestions please.

thanks

Family pack plus HD Access for $40, or with DVR if desired $50, plus whatever premiums you want (HBO/Showtime $30).

Family pack is very basic package at $30/mo plus fees, you may want to consider Select or Entertainment for a little more to get significantly more options other than the premiums.

Thanks.

I've got D* on suspend right now and was looking for something that might make even some sense to turn it back on while keeping E* going. @$50 being the cost of entry for HD/DVR it doesn't make any kind of sense. Most likely I'll just pay the ETF that's left and shut 'er down all the way.

I'm getting free HD for 2 years due to autopay. We're in 2015 and the majority of households have HDtvs. When will DTV and others treat HD as a non-luxury? Being charged $10 for HD is a bit ridiculous nowadays.

Reactions: bobvick and ejb1980
I'm getting free HD for 2 years due to autopay. We're in 2015 and the majority of households have HDtvs. When will DTV and others treat HD as a non-luxury? Being charged $10 for HD is a bit ridiculous nowadays.

Fully agree. I have said it before and I will say it again - SD customers need to be charged a $10 dinosaur fee - not HD. It will encourage them to switch. I am one of the few lucky Directv customers with free HD for life with that promo a few years ago and autopay. I know other providers charge it, and they'd just get a new creative fee to get the money, but at least make the people holding us back pay!

Well, technically they don't charge specifically for hd for new customers anymore. It's $15/month for dvr, hd, and whole home rolled into one advanced receiver fee. You do pay for all boxes though, including the first one.

Thanks.

I've got D* on suspend right now and was looking for something that might make even some sense to turn it back on while keeping E* going. @$50 being the cost of entry for HD/DVR it doesn't make any kind of sense. Most likely I'll just pay the ETF that's left and shut 'er down all the way.

A little follow up. I did the numbers and the best way was to turn on D* and turn off E*. All about the ETFs. E*'s ETF is $10/month because I did a dish 'n it up deal way back when, so basically 1/2 the cost of doing a D* ETF. While I do like the UI and management overall of the Hopper/SuperJoey and PTAT, it isn't worth keeping because of that difference.

Didn't hurt that when I called D* to turn me back on they offered a few small discounts upfront.

Currrently here's what I've got:
Genie HR44
Xtra
SHO/Max - it is a deal, seems odd to put those two together.

I'm debating adding HBO or just going to Premier as I usually do, but currently other than the boxing, there is nothing on HBO that is of much interest. $20/month seems a bit pricey just for 2-3 boxing matches a month. Is there any deals going on for HBO on D* these days?

And today I got to improve my TV, basically making it just like new. Power company was doing some work so I lost power, and I knew the lamp on my DLP was dimming quite a bit as I've been pushing up some settings for the last 6 months. New lamp in and now it looks just like it did the day I bought it. 2 years on the lamp is certainly better than I've seen before.

I'll keep E* on for a bit longer until I burn off the recordings I haven't got around to watching yet. Hell, I'd keep it turned on if there was some much more reasonable cost structure. But no matter how much I juggle, the numbers say don't have both. :(

I'm debating adding HBO or just going to Premier as I usually do, but currently other than the boxing, there is nothing on HBO that is of much interest. $20/month seems a bit pricey just for 2-3 boxing matches a month. Is there any deals going on for HBO on D* these days?
I know some folks including myself recently have received HBO, Showtime and Cinemax free for 3 months, then after that they continue at the then prevailing rates (do not auto cancel). Which is $40 mo. until the price increase on 2/5, after which will make it $41.99 mo. for a Pick-3 Premium Add-on with HBO.

These below all factor in the price increases on 2/5/15
XTRA $77.99
Premier $136.99
XTRA + Pick-2 without HBO = $103.98 [$33.01 less then Premier]
XTRA + Pick-3 with HBO = $119.98 [$17.01 less then Premier]

Currently, that is what I have is XTRA + Pick-3 with HBO. I'm keeping SHO for Shameless, Inside the NFL; MAX for Banshee and HBO mainly for Real Time, Real Sports, LWT (coming back in a couple weeks) and the Documentaries currently. I could probably drop down to SHO/MAX though until GoT comes back in a little less then 3 mos.

Thanks for the info.

I'm getting the Xtra w/2 no hbo for a little less as they gave me a couple small discounts as I said.

I'll either call and see if I can get some other discount for moving up a bit and if not, just stay like I am until GOT comes back on. Hell, since I generally am way behind, I may just wait until the end of the GOT run and then sub long enough to binge watch on VOD or HBOGo.

The current series on HBO are just not my cup of tea. Even SHO doesn't have much I'm in love with.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)