What is going on with CBS-HD off 61.5?

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
ANyone know what's been going on with the CBD HD feed off 61.5? The signal if often unwatchable. Friday night there were dropouts or breakups literally every couple minutes. No problems at all with my Voom channels, so I'm assuming it's a channel specific problem.

Anyone else noticing the same?

Mine is doing the same. Very hard to watch and its a shame because the picture is great. Keeps breaking up like my signal is low but its not. I hope the Dish folks can look into it soon.

Stanleee said:
I hope the Dish folks can look into it soon.

Called Dish this morning. They are aware of the problem and have been working on it since the 29th. No information on when they expect to have the problem resolved tho'

Well, at least they know about it. Maybe since it affects both sides of the country they will do something about it :mad:

Watched a screen of SA for the transponder and others for 3 or 5 min - I didn't see any significant amplitude fluctuation, everything in 2 dB range; same time SNR variing from 12.5 dB to 11.7; only Dish engineers could tell us where is the problem - on board of the satellite or elsewhere.

Since the start of season premiers, I've noticed increased pixilation and audio drop-outs on CBSHD for the West Coast (Satellite 148).

Local HD CBS by OTA

I installed a 942 1 1/2 weeks ago and I have been having the same problem ever since. I can't keep the picture up for more than 15 seconds before getting an error screen. I had no such problem receiving CBS by antenna with the 811 the 942 replaced.

I'm also having the same problem with the CBS-HD east channel on my 811. The wife is getting pretty annoyed.

Well, some of you may be crazy anyway :) ... but not due to poor CBS picture and sound. I've got it too, and have called Dish, and like others have said, they are working on it.

I get CBS on 61.5....

Lets be fair and report if the problem gets fixed. Mine seems better but I haven't watched that much on CBSHD recently.Anyone else getting better?

I had the same pixilation problem on Dish CBS-HD off 61.5--but the engineers seem to have found and fixed the problem. Now it's a beautiful and steady picture, enduring these current monsoons in NJ. (The background colors for "Ghost Whisperer" last night were remarkable.) Thanks, guys!

Dish 921
Samsung 40" LCD

Arthope

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)