What is going on????

logger31

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
South Central PA
It appears that WHTM TV ABC 27 in the harrisburg, PA local package is not working. It has a blue screen that says we know that this station is not working and we are doing everything we can to fix it. It has been down for a day and a half. Anyone else have issues like this???

Yeah, I'm from Williamsport, PA....my locals come from wilksbury/scranton area. 3 of my 5 locals are the same way. It's been this way for a day now.

A mix of power and other stuff in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton market. WNEP's tower collapsed, WVIA lost to top of their tower, FOX is still one with one broken guy wire and WYOU, WYOU-DT WBRE-DT still off the air due to power loss when WNEP's guy wire snapped a power pole just where it goes down into the ground. We have a new access road finished (the down tower is blocking normal access and guy wire block access, also.) WVIA-DT is also off as it's antenna was on the missing top section. WVIA analog is on using an old backup antenna/tower. WNEP analog, of course, is off but they have the dish receive point for the market in their studio building and give it a direct feed.

Right now, as I compose this. Every radio and TV station at that site just went off the air, meaning all power to Penobscot Mountian (MountainTop, PA) is out.

Update: 9:18pm, power restored. WBRE on, WNEP Digital is on, Fox and it's channels are not. WNEP Digital and Fox are on the same tower and in the same building, so Fox has a problem. WYOU still does not have power restored. All radio stations came on, county ems is out.

Last edited:
A mix of power and other stuff in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton market. WNEP's tower collapsed, WVIA lost to top of their tower, FOX is still one with one broken guy wire and WYOU, WYOU-DT WBRE-DT still off the air due to power loss when WNEP's guy wire snapped a power pole just where it goes down into the ground. We have a new access road finished (the down tower is blocking normal access and guy wire block access, also.) WVIA-DT is also off as it's antenna was on the missing top section. WVIA analog is on using an old backup antenna/tower. WNEP analog, of course, is off but they have the dish receive point for the market in their studio building and give it a direct feed.

Right now, as I compose this. Every radio and TV station at that site just went off the air, meaning all power to Penobscot Mountian (MountainTop, PA) is out.

Update: 9:18pm, power restored. WBRE on, WNEP Digital is on, Fox and it's channels are not. WNEP Digital and Fox are on the same tower and in the same building, so Fox has a problem. WYOU still does not have power restored. All radio stations came on, county ems is out.

Thanks! Nice to see someone local that knows what is going on!

I received the following email message from WHTM-TV in Harrisburg:

"The storm has damaged one of our towers. Crews are working on fixing the problem. We appreciate your patience during this time and apologize for any inconvenience.

At this time we don't have a projected time as to when the probelm will be fixed."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)