What is my best option for adding select sports channels?

Mr Ranger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
I currently have "Dish America". I want to Add in HD the "Big Ten Network", Speed Channel", and Fox Sports Detroit". Looking at the different packages offered, I don't see Fox Sports and I have no idea what "Fox Sports Detroit Plus" is. Is there a Sports Pack that would add these channels? If no Sports Pack; what package would I have to go with to get these three channels?

Last edited:
You would need AT200 (assuming you live in the FS Detroit market)

Dish use to have an upgrade to Dish America called Silver which had BTN and your local RSN but they dropped that option earlier this year

If you could do without Speed I think AT 120+ would get you Big Ten Network and Fox Sports Detroit. FS Detroit+ is just an overflow channel for when there are 2 games on between the Red Wings, Pistons, and Tigers. It is mainly used in April. With Dish if you get Fox Sports Detroit you will have FS Detroit + when it is used too. Most of the time you will get both games in HD.

Okay, I see that NASCAR is going to Fox Sports 1 August 17th. So... Now I need a package with Big Ten, Fox Sports Detroit, and Fox Sports 1.

From Wikipedia:
?
While Fox Sports 1 will effectively replace Speed, Fox is required to re-negotiate carriage deals with television providers to carry the new network due to its change in scope. As of July 2013, Fox had not yet reached deals with three of the United States' four largest television providers (including Time Warner Cable, Dish Network and DirecTV) to carry the network. Fox has reportedly demanded considerably higher carriage fees for FS1 than it did for Speed. If providers do not reach a deal to carry Fox Sports 1, Fox will reportedly continue to offer a version of Speed with limited programming on an interim basis until they reach a deal.[SUP][15][/SUP]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts