What is on Anik E2R?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PilotS77

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Anyone knows anything about Anik E2R?

I get very stromg quality out of it but no channels!

Interesting I wonder why I have such strong quality around 88%

What TP & SR? I would bet big $$ that you are hitting EchoStar7 and DTV7s @ 119.0w which is only .3 deg away.

PilotS77 said:

Which position are you aimed at. Anik E2R is/was Galaxy 3R. When E2 was running low, Telesat leased G3R and put it 111.1 until F2 was launched. G3R is now an orbit spare @74.
So F2 is @111.1, E2 @118.7.

Now I'm just speculating but AMC15 is @113 right now and perhaps it is testing there prior to it's move to it's new home @105 to replace AMC2

charper1 said:
What TP & SR? I would bet big $$ that you are hitting EchoStar7 and DTV7s @ 119.0w which is only .3 deg away.

If it was Echo7, then it would still scan channel data (although incorrect data, I kept getting the same 6-7 channel names over and over last time I scanned them)

Could be - but the dish does move - very iteresting, as I said I get high quality but nothing, I do get the id of the encrypted channels when I go to Echo 7 or any of the Echo sats - and sometimes a card stating "Congrdualtions you have aimed your super dish correctly"

I thought so, you are hitting one of the E* birds. That info card is nice for those of us setting dish positions, by letting you know where you are pointing. Even though thats all I get, I still save the location for a reference point.

PilotS77 said:

What kind of LNB/polarization are you talking about - Ku band with hort/vert polarity or DBS with circular?

I see some responses here that are mixing FSS satellites with DBS satellites in their response to you.

If you are on 121W, then you would see a screen after scanning that says congrats, you have found Superdish 121W or something to that effect..

Rick

I get none of that - and therte is no channel list - when I am an any of the Echo sats I get their channel list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts